Anybody going on World Cruise QE2 December 2004-April 2005

luna07

My husband and I will also be on this incredible trip. Will be boarding in L.A. on January 17th. In Southhampton, we will be embarking on the QM2 for the transatlantic crossing to New York. This was my husband's idea- After 88 days on the World Cruise, he suggested that instead of returning by air from London that we take the extra 6 days on QM2. I totally agree with him- we could really relax and just lounge around the ship on those final 6 day at sea;) before I start back at work:mad: . And on top of that, we will be on the QM2- how exciting!:D

My mum and I are starting in Southampton..... if everything goes well, because we still have not received our tickets or any other type of papers. Our TA said Cunard already sent them..... but we have nothing at this time.

We are trying to find out if there is any possibility to have an internet conection in the cabin, or any alternative, like WIFI card, but then where we need to purchase it, taking our own notebook, can we just use the card, o must we ask Cunard to have a conection.....anyhow, if you know something, please tell us.

Perhaps we could meet for some tea when you are on board.

Looking forward to the gran adventure.

Mother and I are also crossing on the QM 2 after the World Cruise, I think we will need the time to "decompress" after all of our adventures. Looking forward to meeting all of you. Luna 07 tea sounds like a fine idea.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Luna07

Welcome to the CC message boards. There are quite a number of CruiseCritic message boarders on the 15Dec04 QE2 crossing, and a number going onto the Carribean cruise.

We are having a meet up in the Chart Room in the corner behind the piano on 15Dec04 at both 7:00pm and 10:30pm. You are welcome to come along.

There are a couple of other threads going for the 15Dec04 crossing already, have a look at :

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=68567

and the roll call at :

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=69846

for more info.

Are you doing the whole world cruise, if so I envy you, or just a few sugments?

Hy JOn!

Thank´s for the invitation....

Yes we´ll be on the whole World Cruise....if we don´t get a heart atack first, hahaha. So much to do still, and we are leaving on tuesday from Canary Islands to London. I still can´t believe it.....

See you!

Hy JOn!

Thank´s for the invitation....

Yes we´ll be on the whole World Cruise....if we don´t get a heart atack first, hahaha. So much to do still, and we are leaving on tuesday from Canary Islands to London. I still can´t believe it.....

See you!

Unfortunately, due to financial and time constraints, my wife and I will only be aboard for 12 days, from Honolulu to Auckland. This will be our third time on this segment and we really enjoy it.

Does anyone know who the Captain will be ? We have sailed with Commodore Warwick twice in the past but, of course, he has moved on to the QM 2.

Bryan Pearson

Bancrep@aol.com

Archived