Forwardmost Cabins

dos equis

Hi Everyone,

I tried to do a search for this but didn't get the specific answers I was looking for. I just put my final payment down on my 14-night Jade cruise for this May. Much to my surprise, when I logged onto ncl.com tonight, it shows our cabin assignment already (we booked a GTY).

It is J-8001 (even though on ncl it lists us as having a K category... but I think that's just wrong, there isn't another room numer 8001). It's one of the most forward cabins.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/deckplan.html?shipCode=JADE

Can anyone tell me from experience what these cabins are like? I've only ever been in one that is along the side of the ship, and this is right in the front. I know some people say too far forward or too far back is bad, but I'm not too concerned about movement or noise. I'm more wondering about the layout of the cabin. Will it be the same size/layout as the cabins on the sides of the ship? Thanks for any input! You guys are the best.

-Jamie

Same size and layout (for the inside). We were dead center, forward, on deck 11. I was happy as a clam but my partner got very sick. If there's anyone susceptible to motion sickness, make sure they take their meds, we were bouncing up and down, and slamming against the ocean while coming back from Mexico.

On the bright side, there was very little foot traffic or noise, and the ship we were on had an open, balcony type area, overlooking the bow and just below the bridge. It was like our private balcony at night.

The movement is much more noticeable when either far forward or far aft than it is mid-ship. If the cruise is a smooth one, it won't be bad. Be glad that you aren't in a far forward cabin on a very low deck - those are very noisy. Between the crew noise and the sound of the anchor, it was quite memorable, and we won't do that again!!!

Archived