My Princess Alaska Cruisetour ends in Vancouver.....I have questions.

BACON227

Can anybody tell me how far the airport in Vancouver is from the cruise ship terminal. My cruisetour will be ending in Vancouver, will I be able to make a 1220pm flight?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.......I'm looking to book my flights!!!!!!!!

Some Strategy:

You should be fine. Are you using Princess Transfers?

If not, then as you emerge from customs / immigration (actually our last time they just waived everyone through without even looking at our passport), you will be at an area where there is a line for taxis. If the line is really big, go up the ramp toward Pan Pacific Hotel and outside Pan Pacific Hotel will be a line for cabs and also the Airport Bus (every 20 min) will stop there. But the Pan Pacific bellman will grab most of the cabs for their guests for which there is a separate line. See whether the bellman is willing to let you join "that" line if you gently wave a $10 bill in your hand. But even otherwise, you will find a cab or the bus.

So do you think I am safe with a 1220 pm flight on the morning we disembark the ship??????

Thanks.....right now i have the Princess transfers booked for the ride to the airport.......

You should be fine. Are you using Princess Transfers?

If not, then as you emerge from customs / immigration (actually our last time they just waived everyone through without even looking at our passport), you will be at an area where there is a line for taxis. If the line is really big, go up the ramp toward Pan Pacific Hotel and outside Pan Pacific Hotel will be a line for cabs and also the Airport Bus (every 20 min) will stop there. But the Pan Pacific bellman will grab most of the cabs for their guests for which there is a separate line. See whether the bellman is willing to let you join "that" line if you gently wave a $10 bill in your hand. But even otherwise, you will find a cab or the bus.

There is also a program known as Direct USA that allows Princess to check your luggage directly from the ship to your final destination (assuming it is USA) and tags your luggage with airline tag. The transfer bus takes you to the airport in a "secure" transfer. One has to sign up for this on-board.

But rest your mind at peace -- one way or another you will have no problem.

Thanks.....right now i have the Princess transfers booked for the ride to the airport.......

Thanks.....I really appreciate the advise!!!!!!!!!

There is also a program known as Direct USA that allows Princess to check your luggage directly from the ship to your final destination (assuming it is USA) and tags your luggage with airline tag. The transfer bus takes you to the airport in a "secure" transfer. One has to sign up for this on-board.

But rest your mind at peace -- one way or another you will have no problem.

You will not have any problem with your 12:20 flight home. I would suggest that you use the US Direct program which involves using a ship's transfer but does avoid having to go thu both Canada and US Customs.

If you want to do it on you own you can still do it but you do have to clear both custom services, you will have a 30/35 min ride by cab to the airport at a cost of about $35 including tip and you need to be at YVR a minimum of 2 hrs before your flight to clear US customs and secruity.

Here is a link for your review:

http://www.portmetrovancouver.com/about/cruiseandtourism/usdirectprocess.aspx

Thanks for the great info everybody has given me..........I booked our flights on our own and saved about $700!!!!!!!!!! That on top of the great 2 for 1 offer makes this trip of a lifetime a real steal!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will not have any problem with your 12:20 flight home. I would suggest that you use the US Direct program which involves using a ship's transfer but does avoid having to go thu both Canada and US Customs.

If you want to do it on you own you can still do it but you do have to clear both custom services, you will have a 30/35 min ride by cab to the airport at a cost of about $35 including tip and you need to be at YVR a minimum of 2 hrs before your flight to clear US customs and secruity.

Here is a link for your review:

http://www.portmetrovancouver.com/about/cruiseandtourism/usdirectprocess.aspx

Archived