Parasailing in Grand Caymen??

mymi

My husband and I are booked on the Conquest leaving 2/22. We are wanting to parasail in either Grand Caymen or Cozumel. Can anyone give any tips on who to go with....beside the cruise line?

Thanks a bunch

Mykel

We went with the cruise line (CCL) in GC.

However, if you go up to them directly at the port, while they're waiting to collect all their passengers, they'll give you a cheaper rate than booking directly through the ship.

It was fun - one person got sick after being dunked in the water and swallowing too much water due to that.

I don't know if I'd ever do it again - or maybe just without my DH. He insisted on not hanging onto the ropes, leaning back, etc. I wanted to push him myself. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just bumping this back up... We plan on going back to SeaGrape or Royal Palms after our stingray tour and would like to parasail. (well, one of us would, the other wants to sit on the beach and watch :p:D)

Has anyone done this recently that can recommend a reputable company to go with? Obviously since this could be somewhat dangerous I don't want to use just anybody and was hoping other might have experience with one of the local companies.

I searched the forum but there really aren't any recommendations for specific companies.

Kim,

We were in Grand Cayman last week and went to Royal Palms. I had planned to parasail there; however, I was somewhat disappointed when the company at Royal Palms said is was too windy to go out that day. There were other parasails operating but the girl at Royal Palms said they shouldn't be out. This made me feel that this company must put safety ahead of $$.

Kim,

We were in Grand Cayman last week and went to Royal Palms. I had planned to parasail there; however, I was somewhat disappointed when the company at Royal Palms said is was too windy to go out that day. There were other parasails operating but the girl at Royal Palms said they shouldn't be out. This made me feel that this company must put safety ahead of $$.

Do you know what the company was called at Royal Palms or was it offered by them directly?

Thanks for the tip!

Do you know what the company was called at Royal Palms or was it offered by them directly?

Thanks for the tip!

Sorry, but I don't know the name of the company but they have a booth right on the beach at Royal Palms.

Jack

Archived