Monarch vs Majesty

phrankbama

Don't know if you have to fly or if you can drive. I personally have not been on Majesty but have been on Monarch and she has one teriffic crew and is in very good condition. I will sail on Monarch as often as I can!! Good luck with your decision - happy sailing!!:)

If I was flying in I would choose Majesty, for one reason. Not wanting to be negative, but if you have to miss Coco Cay due to rough seas, then Majesty goes straight to Nassau and you end up having Saturday afternoon and all day Sunday in Nassau. Monarch does Nassau first and then Coco Cay on Sunday, so if you can't stop at Coco Cay you have a sea day.

FYI I'm not sure if it is different for each sailing, but my upcoming cruise on Monarch does CocoCay first so we would still go straight to Nassau if we missed CocoCay.

That's the 4 day itinery, I assumed, should never do that, that as the OP said short getaway that they were referring to the 3 day.

I don't have any experience with the 4 day, I suppose it depends if there is space in Nassau, I have been on Majesty on the 3 day when it's gone to Nassau on Saturday, after missing Coco Cay, and this last weekend was in Nassau on the Monarch, when Majesty pulled in early evening. It was nice to see the 2 remaining sisters next to each other!!

That's the 4 day itinery, I assumed, should never do that, that as the OP said short getaway that they were referring to the 3 day.

I don't have any experience with the 4 day, I suppose it depends if there is space in Nassau, I have been on Majesty on the 3 day when it's gone to Nassau on Saturday, after missing Coco Cay, and this last weekend was in Nassau on the Monarch, when Majesty pulled in early evening. It was nice to see the 2 remaining sisters next to each other!!

That's neat! We sailed Soverign 3 times and loved her. We're doing Monarch this March. Maybe one day we'll do the Majesty! :) But we're just so much closer to Pt. Canaveral.

I was on the 4-day Monarch in December, and we missed Coco Cay because it was too windy. I chose the Monarch rather than Majesty because I was already going to be in the Orlando area. If I were picking a 4-day, I would choose Majesty because of the stop in Key West.

Archived