JUST RETURNED FROM CARNIVAL MIRACLE 2/1-9 and DESTINY 1/26-31

MILEMRKR63

Returned last night from these cruises. We had a great time and a lot of fun. The ships are in great condition and despite the problems with the propulsion system on the Miracle, the ship sailed fairly fast and handled the seas well. Yes there was vibration but its a ship and we expected that. The Destiny cruise was smooth while the Miracle has rougher seas.

The first week on Destiny the weaher was HOT, while the Miracle was cooler and windier.

Just some observations:

One thing I noticed, and I hope it will change, is the staff (on both ships) seemed very robotic and bored. We experienced some excellent staff members but a majority of them look very disinterested in being on the ship. Not too many smiles. We got some eye rolls when we would ask a question (like asking for a bagel freshly toasted as the ones were always rock hard on the buffet) and we met one girl on the Miracle, named MILA from the coffee bar that was so rude, we were amazed. She was downright nasty to everyone and was like this the whole week. She was more interested in talking to her friend from the buffet then to even acknowledge us, that when we interjected, she told us to wait and put her hand in our face. My buddy was ready to choke the s**t out of her and when we said we would report her, she said go ahead. I hope this this girl looses her job and other people speak up. People would just look at each other in line while waiting their turn for coffee. It was comical. We voiced out concerned to the Beverage Manager and notated this on our comment cards as well..

The supper club on Miracle was amazing. We ate there 5 of 8 night as the dining room food the first 3 nights had zero appeal and never arrived at the table hot. We found that it was easier to pay 30 a head to eat at supper club each night and be guaranteed an amazing meal then to deal with the dining room. I have to say the dining room waiter and assistant were above and beyond trying to resolve the cool food issue but it didnt work. They were excellent and we were sure to take care of them at the end of the cruise because we liked them. They couldnt apologized enough. We also found Frankie the Maitre'd too annoying The food in the lido was good.

The Destiny food was good, I didnt cook it but I often would leave the dining room and head to the pizza place because the food just didnt hit the mark. I will say the salad dressings were "off". None really tasted right.

Chair hogs were out of control on the Destiny and non exhistant on the Miracle. I went to the pool to rin on the Destiny at 7am the last sea day and a vast majority of the cairis has a sandal, a book or a towel on them.

Cabins on both ships were excellent and no housekeeping issues.

I noticed twice as many overhead announcements in the Destiny as on the Miracle. Was annoying on Destiny when the CD would interrupt the band or the sailaway pary with 10 minutes of announcements. Would kill the party mood.

It was ofetn difficult to get a drink while laying out on the Destiny as there never seemed to be a server around, except for the last day. One day we weent 4 hours withour even seeing one. We got used to getting up and getting our own cocktails.

These are just some of my thoughts. I look forward to my next Carnival cruise in a few weeks and as I stated above regarding the staff, I hope they turn around and get back to becoming the main reason we sail Carnival so frequently.

Returned last night from these cruises. We had a great time and a lot of fun. The ships are in great condition and despite the problems with the propulsion system on the Miracle, the ship sailed fairly fast and handled the seas well. Yes there was vibration but its a ship and we expected that. The Destiny cruise was smooth while the Miracle has rougher seas.

The first week on Destiny the weaher was HOT, while the Miracle was cooler and windier.

Just some observations:

One thing I noticed, and I hope it will change, is the staff (on both ships) seemed very robotic and bored. We experienced some excellent staff members but a majority of them look very disinterested in being on the ship. Not too many smiles. We got some eye rolls when we would ask a question (like asking for a bagel freshly toasted as the ones were always rock hard on the buffet) and we met one girl on the Miracle, named MILA from the coffee bar that was so rude, we were amazed. She was downright nasty to everyone and was like this the whole week. She was more interested in talking to her friend from the buffet then to even acknowledge us, that when we interjected, she told us to wait and put her hand in our face. My buddy was ready to choke the s**t out of her and when we said we would report her, she said go ahead. I hope this this girl looses her job and other people speak up. People would just look at each other in line while waiting their turn for coffee. It was comical. We voiced out concerned to the Beverage Manager and notated this on our comment cards as well..

The supper club on Miracle was amazing. We ate there 5 of 8 night as the dining room food the first 3 nights had zero appeal and never arrived at the table hot. We found that it was easier to pay 30 a head to eat at supper club each night and be guaranteed an amazing meal then to deal with the dining room. I have to say the dining room waiter and assistant were above and beyond trying to resolve the cool food issue but it didnt work. They were excellent and we were sure to take care of them at the end of the cruise because we liked them. They couldnt apologized enough. We also found Frankie the Maitre'd too annoying The food in the lido was good.

The Destiny food was good, I didnt cook it but I often would leave the dining room and head to the pizza place because the food just didnt hit the mark. I will say the salad dressings were "off". None really tasted right.

Chair hogs were out of control on the Destiny and non exhistant on the Miracle. I went to the pool to rin on the Destiny at 7am the last sea day and a vast majority of the cairis has a sandal, a book or a towel on them.

Cabins on both ships were excellent and no housekeeping issues.

I noticed twice as many overhead announcements in the Destiny as on the Miracle. Was annoying on Destiny when the CD would interrupt the band or the sailaway pary with 10 minutes of announcements. Would kill the party mood.

It was ofetn difficult to get a drink while laying out on the Destiny as there never seemed to be a server around, except for the last day. One day we weent 4 hours withour even seeing one. We got used to getting up and getting our own cocktails.

These are just some of my thoughts. I look forward to my next Carnival cruise in a few weeks and as I stated above regarding the staff, I hope they turn around and get back to becoming the main reason we sail Carnival so frequently.

Wow 2 back to back cruises!! That sounds like a good time. Thanks for the reviews. I may be going back on the Miracle next year and if so hope they get the service issues ironed out. The service was great in Feb 07 when I sailed her.

Maybe these people were at the end of their duty cycle and need that time off the ship? Anyhoo that isn't any excuse for bad service.

We also just returned from the Miracle 2/1 sailing..we had an awesome time..must be the area of the ship, because I commented that this was one of the friendliest staffs we had encountered. Everyone we met, be it in the corridors, the lido deck, the public areas always seemed very pleasant...some even went above board in our opinion..for instance..my DH stepped in some bubblegum and he was trying to clean it off his sandal...an employee saw him, came up to him, said please give me your shoe, I'll take care of it for you..and that he did...quickly and efficiently and he didn't have to do that..believe me he wa taken care of for sure...The service in the dining room was awesome and our food was always hot and very appealing..the escargot, cream of wild mushroom soup, the stuffed mushrooms, the awesome prime rib..the seafood newburg..I could go on and on about the food...we found it to be very appealing...propulsion didn't seem to be an issue..we traveled at 19 knots at some times,, slower at others, but I think that was so we wouldn't arrive at a port early..sees weren't bad..couple of 4-6 foot swell days, but on the whole it was a very smooth sailing..only encountered rain in Belize, but then everytime we go there it rains at some point..so no big deal....otherwise we managed to obtain very nice tans..:p so now I'm off to work to make everyone jealous...:D but I wish I was by the pool with a Miami Vice in hand...

It always amuses me to see how people have such differences of opinions on the same exact cruise. We sailed the Miracle last year and had a blast! So much so we're sailing her again in May! Keeping our fingers crossed to have just as much fun!

Archived