Vancouver Pre-Night Before Cruise--Suggestions?

Hi::)

We're staying at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel in Vancouver, before our Rhapsody of the Seas cruise to Hawaii, September of this year. I realize that one night is not enough time to see a lot; but, I would appreciate any suggestions for the brief time we have there. The hotel looks to be in a good location. Are there any good restaurants or "must see" sights within walking distance?:p

I was also wondering about the weather. Is it typically cool and/ or rainy the end of September?:rolleyes:

Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Happy Cruising....Sparkle 10 (Anita);)

PS This will be our 47th cruise and they just keep getting better and better. :p

You hotel is an excellent one in a super loaction. I have no idea what time you arrive but if it is late in the afternoon then there are a couple of things you could do and they would include walking over to Harbour Centre, about 2 blocks to the east on Cordova St, and going up to the observation deck. Aother would be just to go to the SeaBus terminal, about 100 paces to the east, and ride the sea bus over to the North Shore and back. For a terrrific dinner you could try Aqua Riva which is about 75 paces to the east of your hotel and has some excellent view out over the harbour or perhaps the Water Street Cafe in Gastown, about 7 blocks to the east of the hotel.

http://www.aquariva.com/

http://www.dinehere.ca/restaurant.asp?r=121

We're staying at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel in Vancouver, before our Rhapsody of the Seas cruise to Hawaii, September of this year. I realize that one night is not enough time to see a lot; but, I would appreciate any suggestions for the brief time we have there. The hotel looks to be in a good location. Are there any good restaurants or "must see" sights within walking distance?:p

Very good location, you're essentially across the street from the cruise terminal (and in luck because that's where the Rhapsody will dock -- normally RCCL/Celebrity ships dock at the other pier a couple of miles away).

There are a number of great restaurants nearby, I would (highly) recommend the Transcontinental in Waterfront station (you can actually do that completely underground if it's raining by walking by way of the Skytrain/subway station platform). Likewise Steamworks (just east of Waterfront Station) is an excellent Brew-pub (owned by the same people). Do you have a favourite type of food?

As for the weather, you really don't know in September, could be sunny, could be pouring with rain. I will however, guarantee cool nights (in the 40s F).

Archived