Is it easy to get to the Dolphin Swim?

Kitty34

We will be sailing to Cozumel on the Sensation and will be docked all day. Do you take a cab to the Dolphin Discovery? How much is a cab?

Which "swim" would you recommend? One is $125, the other $99. Not sure what the difference is.

Thankyou

I was there in September on the Elation and did the "Royal Swim" for $125. It gives you more time in the water with the dolphins and a lot of hands on. I'm not sure what the $99 program gives you either but I can say that the Royal Swim was an awesome experience. I think the cab costs four of us about $12 bucks and the ride was not long at all. About 10-15 minutes and they drop you off right out front and there were plenty cabs waiting for the trip back

Hope this helps. Have a great trip.

My husband did the swim ($125) in which he got in the water with the dolphins and was able to have them jump over his head, push him through the water by his feet and he got to hold onto their fin and be pulled through the water. He had the time of his life. The less expensive tour is usually called dolphin discovery. I watched them and all they did was stand on a platform in maybe waist deep water and pet the dolphins, get a hand/fin shake and a kiss. Hands down, the higher price excursion is much more involved and worth the price.

Kitty, the Dolphin Swim I did on my September 3003 cruise was without a doubt the most rememberable part of my cruise (and believe me . . . there were many on that cruise . . . I had a ball). Contact Chankanaab Park and book the Dolphin Swim (not the Discovery) . . . you won't be disappointed!

You might want to consider one of the packages. In addition to one of the dolphin swims, the packages include entry to the park ($6 for children, $12 for adults) a sea lion swim and the sea lion show for about $40 more.

We have just returned from our cruise and we did the Royal swim we got 45 minutes in the water with the dolphins.

We booked the swim for 12 Noon local time it takes about 15 minutes for a short video about the dolphins, then a walk to the dolphin area so by time you get in with the dophins it was about 12.45 . There is usually a group of 8 or 10 After the swim they show you the video they have taken then you go view the photos and get changed . By time we did all this and got out of the park it was 3.30pm had to wait about 15 mins for a cab it takes about 15 mins to get back. The moral of this story is dont book a late swim or you will be rushing to get back to the ship. Take a Taxi cab from the cruise terminal its about $12 dollars .

Have a great swim its worth every dollar and you will want to bring the dophins home with you . JulieQ

Kitty34 The $99 one is the Snorkel/Swim Adventure... it runs about the same time as the Royal Swim, but instead of doing the push/pull activities you snorkel and observe the dolphins as they swim around you. So it depends on which type of interaction you prefer.

The one from the platform is called the Encounter and it's $75

The Royal Swim seems to be the most popular and the 12p and 2p usually fill up first and since there is a limit of 16 people who are divided into 2 groups of 8, spaces are definitely limited and you need to reserve ahead of time.

Archived