Upgrade Fairy Timing?

kgrassel

In the past, when we've booked guarantees, our cabin assignment came through pretty quickly. Usually within a few days.

This time, ten days later, we still don't have a cabin assignment.

Is this a good thing, upgrade fairy wise? Or is there no significance to the timing of cabin assignments?

I wouldn`t worry too much about the upgrade fairy , she is hovering around and will land soon . We booked a basic inside cabin guarantee back in November and only got our cabin allocation in late January which ended up for us being a Promanade view cabin !

By the way this is my 100th post

Cheers ...:cool::cool::cool:

I wouldn`t worry too much about the upgrade fairy , she is hovering around and will land soon . We booked a basic inside cabin guarantee back in November and only got our cabin allocation in late January which ended up for us being a Promanade view cabin !

Congratulations on your 100th post!!!!! :D

And FYI to the OP, there's no figuring out the upgrade fairy...just be pleased when and if she decides to visit you.

She has an OPEN INVITATION to visit anytime! If she would like to sprinkle a bit of fairy dust my way I would be forever grateful! This is a "traveling on a shoestring" cruise, booked an inside GTY instead of a balcony and there are now no balconies left! I would be VERY pleased with a promenade cabin (fairy, are you listening?) Fairy, I will await your (hopeful) arrival as patiently as possible!

Well, for the record, if she is out there, I would gladly give up my aft cabin for a Grand Suite, shoot I'd take a Jr. Suite, I'm not that picky!

I booked an interior gtd for Sept over a month ago and still do not have a cabin assignment. I'm obsessing over it checking my reservation a couple times a day. I guess a watched pot doesn't boil :rolleyes: My fear is if I watch it too much I might end up sharing with a crewmember on deck 1!

I have always heard of the upgrade fairy but didn't believe it would happen to us. But the day before our cruise on jan 30 our TA called and we got upgraded. Originally my DH booked a gty ov. We got a cabin on the 3 deck. Then there was a great sale and we upgraded to a GS for really cheap. Then RCCL upgraded us to the owners suite!!!! It was wonderful. I just wish it was on a longer then a 3 day cruise. we didn't want to leave. Now it's going to be hard to stay in the interior he just booked on the Monarch. I might get lost in the hall and end up on the os doorstep!!

I got assigned right away...but am praying the upgrade fairy comes to visit me...I am hoping that because if you get assigned a cabin with deluxe gar. that you still have a chance...my cabin # was posted three days after I booked about 3 weeks ago...and we are leaving 2/28...

The Upgrade Fairy arrived and brought us a PR cabin on deck 8! Just what I wanted! We won't book balconies anymore since they took away our incentive (can't combine the discount with anything) and since this was a cheapie cruise for us, we were hoping for something better than the inside closet.

Since they have downgraded our perks, the only way we will book a balcony is if the fairy brings us one. We bought stock, and shortly afterward RC changed the rules. I'd rather pay less for my cabin and have my $100 to spend on board. Now, if and when they come to their senses I will be back to paying more for my cabin to get the balcony AND the $100. Oh well, I'm happy paying less, spending my $100, and enjoying my PR cabin. Thank you, Upgrade Fairy!

Archived