about 1 hour in Cozumel, what to do? (other than stress we'll miss the ship)

sandravb79

Hello,

I am confused about which excursion to choose During my upcoming cruise, there are two I can't choose from.

First is Tulum followed by a beach club; transportation back to cruise ship is included.

The second is Tulum and then they drop you at downtown Cozumel, where you have 1-1,5 hours before the cruise ship leaves.

Will those 1-1,5 hours allow us to do some minimal shopping (only postcards, mugs, the typical tourist-crap, no interest in jewelry or whatnot) or will we only be stressed to arrive on time back on the cruise ship?

I have never been there and have like no idea how Cozumel will "present" itself, how long the distances are, if we risk being stuck in traffic, ...

We are not people that are that interested in beaches, and I would like to do the shopping. However, if that means I will be stressed because there is a high risk we'll miss the ship (my biggest fear!) we might consider the beach club.

Can someone share experiences??

Thanks!!!

San Miguel, where all the shops are, is less than a 10 minute cab ride to any of the piers. Make sure your watch is on ship's time and leave 30-45 minutes before your ship is scheduled to leave. Cabs are all over on the main road, you will hear them honk if they are looking for passengers.

Archived