Tell me about Victoria BC

BobandBrenda

We saw enough orca to certainly make the trip worthwhile (even though we had very rough seas) - and they were quite close a few times.

Yukon, what time of year was this? We're going last week in May, is that a good time to see Orca's?

We went in July, but the orca are resident there so any time is a good time.

Thanks Yukon, we booked Orca's in Juneau and as that is our first port depends how that goes. If we want more whales and don't get to see an Orca onm Juneau, which I'm not counting on, then we will book the WW in Victoria via the ship as our times are not great to go on our own.

If we don't do WW second time, we plan to do a longer horse carrige ride, walk to the Totem park and the inner harbor for the few hours we are there. As we do not want to go to the gardens either.

One of our ports is Victoria, BC and so far the shore excursions are a garden, teatime, butterflies and 3 pub crawl and most are in the eighty dollars and up. None of my group want to go to a garden, see butterflies, teatime, or a pub crawl. Is there anything close to port? We have me in my 50s, my husband 50, his mom in 80 and his sister in her late 50s.

So were not zipline people but I cant see us hanging out in a garden.

Thanks for any help

Brenda

Peoria, AZ

The Butchardt Gardens is absolutely amazing and I wouldn't miss it. I am a semi professional photographer and will be going back there on my second Alaska cruise and will need to stay an additional day just to see these "Gardens" again!!!

Archived