Dinner & show question for recent Mariner passengers

From what I have heard from Royal Caribbean, main seating on the Mariner of the Seas is at 6:15 pm and second seating is at 8:30 pm.

Question #1 = are these dining times accurate?

Question #2 = If you have second seating at 8:30 p.m. at what time do you see the evening show? Before dinner or after dinner?

Your comments are appreciated. Thank you.

Kimberly

Monarch of the Seas 4/02

Disney Wonder 11/02

Adventure of the Seas 10/03, 3/04

"Girl's Getaway" on Mariner of the Seas 11/7/04 !!

We were on Mariner in February and we had main seating which was at 6 PM. Our shows were usually at 9 PM.

The late seating people usually had their show before dinner. I think it was 7:15PM and they had dinner at 8:30 PM.

I'm not 100% sure of the late seating time.

I hope this helps.

We really enjoyed the Mariner.

Donna

Voyager 5/30

Empress 9/12

We just sailed on the Mariner 4/11-4/18 and had late seating.

Main seating is at 6pm and late seating is at 8:30 with the exception of embarkation day when it was at 9pm. Some days the late seating show was before dinner, around 7:00pm, but other days it was after dinner at 10:45pm. My teens did complain about the later dinner since they wanted to spend as much time as posibble with their cruise friends, but I enjoyed having the extra time to get ready and sneak in a nap before we ate. It was really beneficial to have the later seating on port days since we didn't get back to the ship until about 4pm.

If you have any other question, just ask! icon_smile.gif

dmhoul: Thank you for the reply. I'm glad to hear that you really like the Mariner. I'm worried about changing from the Adventure of the Seas which we really love.

Isn't it something how Royal Caribbean told me that main seating was at 6:30 pm. The travel agent called R.C. and was told 6:15 p.m., and the actual time is 6:00 p.m.

Teachkind1: Thank you too for the response. I've done both the late seating and the main seating on different cruises, and actually prefer the late seating...if it is at 8:30 pm. (However on the Adventure of the Seas late seating was at 9 pm and that 1/2 hour really does make a difference) The members of my group have only sailed one other time...and that was on the Adventure where we had main seating at 6:30 pm. I'm trying to convince everyone that 2nd seating is better, (for the reasons you listed on your response...pool deck time, island time, nap time, etc.). And, I enjoy going to the show first and having my before dinner cocktail at the show and then heading off to dinner. When we sailed on the AOS and had dinner first and then show, we were all falling asleep during the show!

9 pm on the first night must be due to the 8:00 to 8:30 pm muster drill. I suppose we could try and sneak into the dining room early the first night since we will be a group of 8 at our own table. (That is if they have the front doors open).

Anyway, thank you so much for your response.

Kimberly

Monarch of the Seas 4/02

Disney Wonder 11/02

we sailed on the mariner 3/28 to 4/04, and the muster drill was at 4:15 day 1. we had late seating (normally at 8:30), and on first night it was at 9:00 because the show the first night was at 8:00 for ALL guests together, early as well as late seating. the bon voyage parade on the promenade was at 10:45

Cindy

Sovereign 3/03

Mariner 3/04

Sovereign 10/18/04

Majesty 3/14/05

ADVENTURE GIRL: If you've previously cruised on AOS then you should feel right at home on Mariner. The layout is virtually the same and if anything she is the newest of the Voyager class ships with all the bells and whistles. We had already done Voyager and Explorer before traveling on her and actually had a few chuckles watching the 'newbies' stare at the elevator maps.

Yes, the decor is different but she is a very easy boat to navigate around. The show questions have all been answered accurately. It will be dependent on performers as to which shows are before and after the late dining.

And yes, we are true blue late diners. Once you start hitting the islands you really appreciate a little "rest time" before the evening's agenda icon_wink.gif

Enjoy her. We certainly are icon_biggrin.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;9;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

9/19/2004 Mariner of the Seas

*** Royal Hounds Cruise ***

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2005;1;30;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

1/30/2005 Mariner of the Seas

*** Western Caribbean ***

Mamakaiz = Thank you so much for the information. I didn't realize the muster drill would be at 4:15 p.m. I forgot that with the 5 pm sailing time, the muster drill would be early. (I'm used to the 10pm departure on the AOS).

Is there a 5:00 p.m. sail-away party on the pool deck? I'm hoping so. I see you mentioned the 10:45 pm. promenade parade, just curious about the deck party.

TBRay: Thank you so much for the great note. I feel much better about selecting the Mariner after reading your post. I just love the Voyager class ships. They are so amazing. I've heard a lot about the Radiance class ships, but I can't imagine doing anything other than Voyager class. (I will though, because I am intrigued by what I've heard about the Radiance ships).

Thanks again for the note, I'll pass all of your great comments on to my travel companions to convince them we should go with the later dining.

Kimberly

Monarch of the Seas 4/02

Disney Wonder 11/02

There has ALWAYS been a sail-away party on the pool deck for every cruise I've been on. A live band playing Caribbean music, dance instructors trying to teach the guests how to do the "Electric Slide" (and all the other variations) and literally thousands of passengers lining the upper decks as the ship leaves port.

In fact, the only time I've missed a sail-away party was my last cruise which left during the Super Bowl (2004). We had staked out front row seats in Studio B (ice skating theater) to enjoy the game while on board. That was another party all to itself!

I'm also interested in the Radiance class, but with Mariner and Sovereign both an hour from our house the decision is pretty easy for now.

How lucky can you get...living only 1 hour from the cruise port! No airfare involved, minimal hassel to get the ship....if I lived where you live I would be like a "junky" and need my cruise fix every month!

Can you tell me, on the Mariner...what are the theme parties? On the Adventure of the Seas we had a Corona Beach party on the pool deck one night, and a Rockin thru the Decades party in Studio B one night.

Thanks for the assistance.

Kimberly

Monarch of the Seas 4/02

Disney Wonder 11/02

Archived