Has anyone ever been on Class Reunion Cruise

Jandcbrown

We are considering a 25 year class reunion cruise for 2010. I was just wondering if anyone has done this or talked to anyone who has done this. I understand that the agent will set up a web page, get the contact information from us, contact the people, work with them on the payments, give extras, incentives, provide cocktail parties and meeting rooms. It sounds like a great way to go. But I was curious how well these actually go over. We are a class of around 400 ppl...and would either have to drive 9 hours to Galveston or fly.

There will be one going out on an MSC ship in May but they are only 32 passengers. They do however travel together every year and this year is a special year for them and they have been planning this for a while now.

You have think of this differently - what do you normally do? Just meet over a weekend have a meal and some drinks? I really doubt you would have 400 come along on a cruise because it would probably too expensive for some, too inconvienient for others and then there are those who are simply afraid (they watched Titanic!!)

Do you have a website for your class? They why not just post the question and see what kind of responses you get. I fear you just won't get all 400 to agree it is a good idea....

I have been on several class reunion cruises. My class first went on one

in 2000 to the Caribbean. We had about 10 to 12 couples go. We had a

blast and decided to do it again every 2 years. Of course there are always

people that want to go but for some reason can't. Our travel agent worked with everyone on their payments and rooms, etc.

The second time we went to Alaska. Another great time.

The third time we again went to the Caribbean because we figured the cost of flying kept some people from going, as we live in Texas. We didn't

have as many go but had fun all the same.

We have not been able to get another group to cruise together again.

The cruise bug has bitten and now several couples cruise by themselves

and go every year.

There is a group of us that live in our town and we are all good

friends. We also have a class lunch every month. The out of town people

don't know what they are missing!!! I hope we can get another class

cruise together again soon.

Our class had a reunion cruise. It was a blast! We cruised to the Bahamas. I'd put out feelers to see how many people would actually be interested in doing this. I think it is a great idea! We loved our cruise. I still have my tote bag (in our school colors with the name of our school on the side), my cork screw with the school logo on it, and some other goodies that were handed out at the beginning of the cruise. I love to go on another one!

Archived