new terminal in Seattle?

TheHappyWanderer

I didn't <think> I had been living under a rock, but the news of a new Seattle terminal for Princess (among others) was news to me. What dows anyone else know?

The "new" terminal is located at Pier 91, in the Magnolia neighborhood of Seattle, about 4 to 5 miles north of the other cruise ship piers. The terminal building was originally a (produce) cold storage warehouse, which is being refurbished.

This project was first approved in '02, and is scheduled to be available in Spring '09 for Alaska bound Holland American, Princess and Royal Caribbean ships.

Part of the problem getting into the Terminal 91 cruise facility, is that some of the streets approaching the Smith's Cove area have actually had lanes closed; making it a real challenge.

The TAXI drivers will love it! See map at:

http:/www.portseattle.org/about/maps/terminal91cruise.shtml

The "new" terminal is located at Pier 91, in the Magnolia neighborhood of Seattle, about 4 to five miles north of the other cruise ship piers. The terminal building was originally a (produce) cold storage warehouse, which is being refurbished.

This project was first approved in '02, and is scheduled to be available in Spring '09 for Alaska bound Holland American, Princess and Royal Caribbean ships.

Part of the problem getting into the Terminal 91 cruise facility, is that some of the streets approaching the Smith's Cove area have actually had lanes closed; making it a real challenge.

The TAXI drivers will love it! See map at:

http:/www.portseattle.org/about/maps/terminal91cruise.shtml

The taxi drivers, bus drivers and limo drivers will love it! NOT! If the port doesn't come up with a different way of handling it (protest, anyone?) the traffic patterns into and out of that place are going to be somewhat of a nightmare. I'm still trying to figure out what the whole parking lot and shuttle to the terminal thing is going to mean to those of us who are physically challenged or have other issues with wrestling luggage onto and off of a shuttle bus??

Besides which, I will believe the thing is done when I see it done.....

Archived