Exotic Orient Cruise ( Princess) April 11th 2010

Darcy15

Hello All

I am a single lady from the UK and I have never cruised before. I saw this cruise and stay holiday advertised in the Daily Mail and it sounds wonderful!

I have been lucky enough to have travelled pretty much around the world, sometimes with organised tours and sometimes independently. Japan is the one place left on my 'wish list', but I have been reluctant to travel there on my own due to language concerns. This cruise would seem to be the perfect answer.

I do have concerns about cruising though, which I am hoping someone here can help me with :confused:

Is cruising alone ok? I really don't do ''dressing up'', is this optional? Is it possible to have a single table for meals?

Any thoughts and advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you. :)

I've never cruised alone, but know of people who do. Are you concerned from a safety standpoint? Companionship stand point? Solo cruisers have to spend a lot more than those of us who travel in pairs (or more). you might want to check out the Solo cruise forum on this site to see what folks have to say.

As far as Princess goes, there are tables for two that you could request and there are options to dressing up should you feel the need not to (room service, the buffet, etc).

We did the SE Asian cruise with Princess and it rates as our best cruise to date. You don't really need to speak Japanese to get around the country, but it does help. Neither my DH or I are fluent, but we've been to the country several times - always enjoyed ourselves there!

Archived