Decorate Door?

NYTammy

Hi everyone!

I know some of you will think this is corny, but does anyone decorate the cabin doors? Im not sure if this is a thing of the past, or if people still do this?? (I dont want to be the only one):D

For those that do, can I have some ideas??

Thanks so much!

Tammy

I have for a Halloween Cruise and for a Thanksgiving Cruise. There were a few others who decorated. For the Halloween one I bought a black/orange garland and taped it around the door frame and used those cling type decorations on the door. They stick well and no mess on the door. I have also used the cardboard "school type" cut outs. You can go to OrientalTrading dot com and they have some tropical and pirate type decorations that you can use.

Hi everyone!

I know some of you will think this is corny, but does anyone decorate the cabin doors? Im not sure if this is a thing of the past, or if people still do this?? (I dont want to be the only one):D

Thanks so much!

Tammy

Hi Tammy - I decorate my door. I make up some scrapbook pages, and leave a pen so that people can sign the pages as well. It is always fun to look back and see what people wrote. Also, it helps to find your cabin when you have had a few too many. Your neighbors will also thank you, because your door becomes a landmark for them.:D

We sailed last June for my Mother's 60th birthday! We had a ball doing fun things for her. Here is a picture of what we hung on her door!

I say GO FOR IT AND HAVE FUN!

There used to be a thread about door decorations. Some where in the Float Away Lounge thread. Do a search and see what you can come up with! There are LOTS of creative folks on these boards!

Glory_0116.jpg.ff0f6b8d0f1e0496a6f225f36a80c96e.jpg

I don't 'decorate' but I put a colorful magnet . It helps find your door on a mile-long corridor of identical doors. Even your neighbors love it to find their cabins more easily.

One funny (not) story : Last year on the HAL Amsterdam, I had a magnet in the shape of Florida- about half-way thru the cruise - It Was Stolen. I wrote a note on post-it note and put i on the door and put a curse on the thief. The neighbors said they were peeking all the time -after the note- looking for a thief. The cabin steward bought me 2 when we went to his home island of Bali. Those were not stolen.

Then this January, we were on the Carnival Mracle - identical Florida magnet - and guess what - by the 3rd day, it, too was stolen.

We're going on the Princess in March - I am out of Florida magnets but I'll bring some and see what happens.:p

Don't put anything out that you would hate to lose.

MaryAnn

We have done up our door on every cruise. It has been for birthdays, our anniversery and our daughters graduation (college).

We leave on the 22nd on the Triumph and will do the door for my 60th bd.

Just don't use to much tape!

Happy cruising!

I just came back from a cruise on the Liberty I was the only on that I saw on the port side of the Veranda deck that was decortated other than someone had a HAppy birthday banner up. I went to take it down the last night and the steward said to leave it up until we leave I guess he liked it and I did hear others say it was cute. here is a pic you decide

1347770688_LibertyCruise2009113.jpg.6166a51cf8f15d85a77b3fa35dbcc2ee.jpg

We've decorated our door and the doors of those cruising with us - just be sure to take the decoration off when you leave. This past cruise, Jan '09, the steward watched to make sure we got everything off the door before we left - and he thanked us for making his job a bit easier before the next group arrived!

i always decorate my door with tropical cutouts, leis and other stuff you can buy at party stores. it's cheap, and i mainly do it so i can find my room easily without having to look at numbers. i just use double stick tape and make sure i get it all off before i disembark. i've even had neighbors thank me for making it easier to find their rooms ;)

We decorated our door on our last cruise since it was my birthday. I found it really did make a big difference when finding our room after a long day -- especially for my son. I guess I we were fortunate since we also still had ours on the last day of cruising. ;)

I plan on doing it again this time using at least the "Official" Cruise Critic door sign that you can download and customize.

Hi everyone!

Thanks so much!

Tammy

My kids go to the $1 store and get those cling 'stickers' (not really stickers just clings) and they decorate the door and we make a sign that says something and use 2-sided tape to put it on.

I havent done it in the past, but plan on doing it the next cruise.

I figured it'll make it easier to find our room for our us and our kids

I love decorating my door. And it's great if you can get CC members from your roll call to join in. Sportsmom, great to hear you're onboard. You'll find it does make it easier to find your room. And you get to meet lots of people who thank you for the landmark.:D;)

I usually go to a dollar store or Walmart or Target. I just found gel/cling decorations for Valentine's Day. We are sailing at the end of February.

Last year we sailed with the whole family in Feb. We decorated the 3 cabin doors with St. Patrick's Day and Valentine's Day decorations. Unfortunately other cruise guests kept taking our stickies and putting them on other doors up and down the hallway.:(

Archived