Decorate Door?

NYTammy

On our family cruises, our DGDs make signs for our cabin doors. The really enjoy doing it and it gives us a way to find our cabins in a long hallway of look-alike doors. Here are the ones from our last Triumph cruise...

th_DSC02107.jpg th_DSC02105.jpg

Here's hoping you next cruise is a great one. Bon Voyage!

We always do. Usually we have a fairly large group when we go scattered thruout the boat so it makes it easier to find each others rooms...Here are some that we have had in the past. I Know I have more examples from other cruises in my computer (somewhere) others were made like a scrapbook page and the other was a vinyl like these....(Got the vinyl thru Shindigz)

To each his own...Personally I think that they are fun! :D

Stacy

43.jpg.7262187b6a8ca41e99424459c1063f48.jpg

390.jpg.03ca384fcae0530013a78c67bd28c6ee.jpg

Our family will be sailing the week of Dec. 20 and we are decorating one door Christmas and the other one with fish, streamers etc. My 3 granddaughters can't wait. (they already have the decorations packed in a suitcase :)

we always decorate our doors.. Valentines day had a mailbox theme and valentines for anyone who stopped by. christmas was a huge stocking for people to sign. It makes a fun way to have a great cruise.. get to know your neighbors, and find your room after a very long day of "drink of the day"!

Will ne sailing our 35th anniversary so need ideas, plus another christmas cruise.. that will be easy.

And don't forget to let everyone know you're a cruise critic member by posting your cc poster! There's a pdf on one of the door decorating threads.

Does anyone have the link to get to this pdf?? I have searched for it and I can't find it! Thanks!

We decorated last year for our friend's 50th bday. Every day we stuck another cartoon bubble next to her head saying something different. By the end of the week, the door was pretty covered. Our room steward even put a magnetic happy bday sign on for us.

Kim

Hi everyone!

I know some of you will think this is corny, but does anyone decorate the cabin doors? Im not sure if this is a thing of the past, or if people still do this?? (I dont want to be the only one):D

For those that do, can I have some ideas??

Thanks so much!

Tammy

I think you're seeing it less & less for the following reasons:

• As others have said, it can appear to be a bit tacky (e.g. some of the examples in this thread),
  • People steal stuff/ disfigure it, etc, plus one needs to haul all this crap from home.
  • AFA helping identify the room. Well I found out this secret. The doors are labeled in consecutive order, with a unique number assigned to each room!
  • The stewards probably don't like having to clean the doors of tape/sticky stuff, plus any "leftover" decorations.

I'd advise leaving the stuff home, many of the doors look like they belong to a 14 year old girl. Just not appropiate in my opinion.

Enjoy your cruise and see you on Lido deck!

I think you're seeing it less & less for the following reasons:

• As others have said, it can appear to be a bit tacky (e.g. some of the examples in this thread),
  • People steal stuff/ disfigure it, etc, plus one needs to haul all this crap from home.
  • AFA helping identify the room. Well I found out this secret. The doors are labeled in consecutive order, with a unique number assigned to each room!
  • The stewards probably don't like having to clean the doors of tape/sticky stuff, plus any "leftover" decorations.

I'd advise leaving the stuff home, many of the doors look like they belong to a 14 year old girl. Just not appropiate in my opinion.

Enjoy your cruise and see you on Lido deck!

Everyone does have their opinion. But its vacation and if you want to express yourself by decorating your door than screw everyone and what they think and have fun with it. Me and the wife sometimes do ours if we remember too do it. I think it adds character to the door if done right.

anyways enjoy your cruies

Hi everyone!

I know some of you will think this is corny, but does anyone decorate the cabin doors? Im not sure if this is a thing of the past, or if people still do this?? (I dont want to be the only one):D

For those that do, can I have some ideas??

Thanks so much!

Tammy

I think this is corney.

BUT....I have seen plenty of people doing it on all the cruises I have been on, you won't be the only one for sure!

I love to decorate the doors. One of the cruises me and my 4 girlfriends went on I did this. I found a paperdolls, paper clothing and accessories online and printed them out, also printed out photos of my friends and I and put the photos of our heads on the paper dolls (then laminated them). Then I printed accessories that were related to us personaly (I like gambeling so I had dice, cards, chips, one friend was worried about her cat, so his photo became one of the accessories, one of the girls likes tropical drinks so I printed some of them). I put cheap magnet strips and put all the stuff on the door. People would come my and change the clothes or accessories.

For each cruise I make us (and everyone traveling with us) door signs. I use 12X12 'scrap book pages' and decorate them according to the cruise theme or occasion or mood.

I use duct tape looped (On the Back, so it does not show) and it comes right off at the end of the crusie...we have all of them saved in an album. Its fun for me and we do have people comment on them.

DSC02534_534_044.jpg.de43aeeafe2f90b2ef398312ebb32d5e.jpg

DSC03015.jpg.d3a023be42bcd62b78566f3ea7478bd2.jpg

Our family will be sailing the week of Dec. 20 and we are decorating one door Christmas and the other one with fish, streamers etc. My 3 granddaughters can't wait. (they already have the decorations packed in a suitcase :)

which ship will you be on? our family is considering the cruise on the Triumph which departs December 20

How sad to rain on our cruise door decorating parade!!! I LOVE doing the doors. I also love hearing the comments from those passing, and hearing them say THANKS! When they see us at our door. :)

http://www.scrapblog.com/viewer/viewer_v2_embed.swf?scrapblogId=1346575&showShareButton=true&showShareInitially=true&showOnlyShare=false&partnerId=1

No, You and Linda can keep each other company as far away as possible from folks having fun

Jeff-Dunham.png

Do it if you want to, it's okay with me. All I said was, I've never seen it on any of my sailings, and would you do this to your hotel room door on land? What's the answer to that question?

And you can't be the arbiter of what is fun (or funny) if you post a picture of the UN-funniest comedian who ever lived.

Do it if you want to, it's okay with me. All I said was, I've never seen it on any of my sailings, and would you do this to your hotel room door on land? What's the answer to that question?

And you can't be the arbiter of what is fun (or funny) if you post a picture of the UN-funniest comedian who ever lived.

Someone needs a second cup of coffee...just sayin:eek:

Someone needs a second cup of coffee...just sayin:eek:

Are you truly saying Jeff Dunham is funny? :cool: It's fine with me if people do their doors. I can't imagine it, but that doesn't make it "wrong". I do want to know why you don't do it to hotel room doors. What's the difference? :rolleyes:

Archived