Tipping for a small vow renewal

tanyanubin

I have decided at the last minute to surprise my husband with a vow renewal on our carnival cruise in a month. He will be stunned! My 2 daughters are in on it. One thing we haven't figured out yet is how to get him out of shorts and a t-shirt and into something decent...hmmm. This is really more of a fun surprise thing than a sugary romantic thing. But what should I tip? We'll have the captain to do a brief service, and I think one or two waiters to serve a small cake and some non-alcoholic champagne. It'll only be the 4 of us. Shouldn't be more than 20 minutes, if that. Oh, and a photographer, cause we get a photo in our package. So, what do I tip everyone? Do you think the captain will accept a tip? I don't know the etiquette of this situation. Do you tip a photographer if you get the one photograph that comes with the package? I suppose I can hand out $10's or something if we're only there for 15 or 20 minutes and a $20 to the captain, or more, do you think?:confused:

I never even thought about tipping? We are having an afternoon reception for 20 ppl with open bar and appy's.... do you tip the staff and if so how much?

:confused: And I am also wondering if you tip the photographer or your coordinator?

Any suggestions.....

I've called the wedding department, and they told me that they've never heard of anyone tipping the captain. Especially for a 20-minute vow renewal. And I don't think we'd tip the photographer, either, for the one photograph we get. But I guess we tip the waiter. That's what I've been able to come up with.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I ask for a list and envelopes to be put under our door after the ceremony from our coordinator. I recieved 4 enevelopes and 3 names 2 asst. waiters, the photographer, and I gave the coordinator a tip seeing her name wasn't on the list. The photographer spends about an hour after the wedding vow reneewal taking pictures and photographed the entire wedding from start to finish.

Ok, I ask for a list and envelopes to be put under our door after the ceremony from our coordinator. I recieved 4 enevelopes and 3 names 2 asst. waiters, the photographer, and I gave the coordinator a tip seeing her name wasn't on the list. The photographer spends about an hour after the wedding vow reneewal taking pictures and photographed the entire wedding from start to finish.

THanks so much for this info! I had not given this a thought!!

Can you tell me how much you tipped (if you don't want to share in public you can email me).

Thanks!

Cathy

Archived