Alyeska Adventures "Rainforest Canopy Adventure Zipline"

Got2goaway

• 5 months later...

We used to hike on that land before it was taken over by the hotel. Yes, it is a rainforest, but not anything like you will see in Central American. It is interesting, but I would not call it an adventure by any defination.

We used to hike on that land before it was taken over by the hotel. Yes, it is a rainforest, but not anything like you will see in Central American. It is interesting, but I would not call it an adventure by any defination.

My ds's gf was interested in zip lining in one of the ports but 1. I just found this out and 2. we are already so busy, I don't think there will be time. SO, since we are stopping in Girdwood on our way to Anchorage to fly home, and I have a NL coupon, I thought it might be something fun, if she had her heart set on zip lining. She has never done it before. We are spending 4 days on the Kenai following our cruise. We will be driving from Kasilof to Anchorage and have until about 7:30p to get there (with many sites to see along the way...the usual Wildlife Center, Portage Glacier etc) so do you think it would be worth the 3 hour block of time needed to do this, or should we just take the chairlift up and call it good? Thanks for your help.

I think the folks who are selling this tour/zipline thing are very proud of what they are selling. I went to the WEB site and read the details. So much for their 'secret' location. Forgive me for my opinion, but I resent people charging so much for what we used to walk on and see for free.

I can't tell you how to spend your time or your money, but I wouldn't pay for this. It is certainly going to take longer than 3 hours when you figure the pick up time and the return time. No spectators! What are the rest of your going to do?

I called in last May and they were closed. Had been for several years. The girl answering the phone said they were awaiting regulator approval of the zipline and they were taking a long time. But I don't know, maybe that has changed in the last couple months.

It is interesting that you heard back from them and that their WEB site is running (although with a 2006 date on it). I know that the hotel has not been doing hoped for business the past couple seasons. For a place to survive it needs to get the cruise line business.

Good luck finding tours that fit your needs. I hope that you have a wonderful vacation.

Archived