Duty Free Purchase on B2B cruises

Scottie Girl

Can anyone tell me if you purchase duty free bottles from the duty free shop on board ship on the first leg of B2B cruises do they deliver them to your cabin on the last night of the first cruise or do they hold them until the last night of the second cruise?

In our experience, they hold them until the end of the last cruise. On our Celebrity Med/Trans back to back there were over 300 back to backers and the shop onboard had a list of all those doing a back to back. Even on the last night of the first cruise when you normally could take your purchase back to your cabin, they checked that huge list and wouldn't let a back to backer take their purchase.

In our experience, they hold them until the end of the last cruise. On our Celebrity Med/Trans back to back there were over 300 back to backers and the shop onboard had a list of all those doing a back to back. Even on the last night of the first cruise when you normally could take your purchase back to your cabin, they checked that huge list and wouldn't let a back to backer take their purchase.

That's interesting. We did a B2B last April Panama Canal then Alaska. There were only several of us doing B2B. They delivered our purchases at the end of the first cruise, so we were able to enjoy them on the second leg. We also changed rooms so don't know if that made a difference.

Give cash to a new onboard friend, have them make the purchase the last night and turn it over to you!

Ah, great suggestion!

In our experience aboard Solstice for XMAS/NYE, they were perfectly willing to deliver any purchases after the first week. I even asked them if it was possible, and they stated they do not check against any list.

I went back to make my purchase on the last day, and they let me have the liquor right then and there. Problem solved.

We also got our bottle delivered the last night of first cruise but the clerk said to keep it out if sight in the cabin or the cabin attendant would have to confiscate it. Don't know if this is true as it would impact their tips.

That's interesting. We did a B2B last April Panama Canal then Alaska. There were only several of us doing B2B. They delivered our purchases at the end of the first cruise, so we were able to enjoy them on the second leg. We also changed rooms so don't know if that made a difference.

We also changed rooms on our back to back. And we did go to the duty free shop on our last night of the first cruise and they did check the list when we tried to purchase a bottle of rum for my husband. Perhaps they read our roll call where the back to backers talked about buying bottles for the second cruise and decided to crack down. It seemed strange to me as we were in Europe and they weren't checking purchases made ashore - you could bring your bottles of alcohol that were purchased at each port to your cabin.

Archived