Rhythms of the Night

LarAndShar

Has anyone done the Rhythms of the Night tour in Puerto Vallarta? Did you book through the ship or private operator?

Can you please share your thoughts.

Thanks

~S

The tour believe the operator runs two versions of this excursion; one for cruise ship passengers and one for non-cruise ship people.

As I understand it, cruise ship passengers leave Vallarta in late afternoon, attend the show first, have dinner and then head back to port in the boat that brought non-cruise ship people. Non-cruise ship people leave Vallarta at dusk, have dinner upon arrival (with cruise ship passengers who are already there), go to the show after dinner and then head back to Vallarta.

I'm not sure if cruise ship passengers can book this excursion independently and get on the early tour. We did the late tour (dinner followed by the show) and I seem to remember that we got back to Vallarta after most, if not all, cruise ships had left the port. Rhythms of the Night was a very enjoyable experience. I would suggest taking a small flashlight to help navigate the excursion area as it is only lit by torch and candle light.

Maybe somebody that did this excursion from a cruise ship can verify or correct this information.

Enjoy!

We did this tour on our cruise last month.

The previous poster was correct about two tours. The cruise ship tour left around 4 and returned around 8:15. As we left Las Caletas, two other boats were approaching with the later tours. Our ship was waiting for our group to get back on board so they could leave.

As for the excursion, it was an excellent evening. On the boat ride over the crew kept things lively. We were greeted at Las Caletas with music and the entire wait staff lined up. It is a very, very, beautiful spot. We watched the show first. The best way I could describe it is Aztec folklorico meets cirque-de-soleil. Very entertaining and well done. We then went down next to the beach where the only light was from torches and candles (it was dark by then). Dinner was buffet. However, the food was excellent (especially the shrimp and the flan). They have buffet lines set up in various areas so that there aren't that many people being served out of each line. As we pulled away from the dock the sight of hundreds of candles lighting up the water was one of our best trip memories. On the ride back we followed the shore and watched fireworks being shot off the pirate boat evening excursion.

I would second the comment about a small flashlight if you aren't comfortable navigating by candlelight.

We did this excursion off the Ryndam in November. We loved it.!! It is just a short walk from the ship to the large motorized catamaran at the dock. It was a lovely sunset ride of about one hr to Las Caletas. As we approached it was nearly dark, and all we could see were flickering candles and torches. Like something out of " Survivor". We had dinner first and then the show, both very good.

Caution: there does not appear to be any electricity at this location, or none evident when we were there. The paths are sand, lined with rocks and candles/torches and some steps. Depending on where you are seated, it can be a fairly long walk from the boat to your table for dinner. I would not recommend this for people who have any walking difficulty or do not see well in low light. We did not have a flashlight, but it may have been helpful, except you really don't know where you are going, especially when trying to locate the bathroom!! In spite of the challenges, it was one of the highlights of our cruise.

Thanks so much for your responses... we had planned this excursion but then came across a video clip on another site :eek:.. video clip did not seem like it was worth the time and money it will take for this, being there is 5 of us... for $500.00 I really do want something that we will all remember and have memories we will cherrish.

I did plan on booking throught the cruiseline being it was a late night excursion (just so the ship wouldn't leave incase the motorized catamaran had problems or was late ect..) thanks for posting about the ships being gone when u got back as that helped convince DH it was the best way to book this excursion :)

Happy Cruising :)

~S

Archived