Bermuda - May or September???

cruisin'sz

Rates are low in May and September - which time would you recommend? May when the water is cooler and the hurricane possibility is nil or September, after the water has had a chance to warm up, the kids are all back in school but a Hurricane is a real possibility?

isn't there a song that its a long long way from May to September? I have been in Bermuda in June and September---Personally I think May would be better as it was really hot and humid in June. As for September there have been few hurricaines that have actually hit Bermuda. Unfortunately the last two years, one hit directly and I think at the end of September this year it made a trip back very rough...

Does that help?

I went on a cruise to Bermuda the last week of September this year, and the weather was better than I've ever had on any cruise anywhere.

It was perfectly sunny, not a drop of rain, calm seas, temps in the 80s, every day was a beach day, the water was lovely.

If you like to swim a lot, then you might be better off going in September when the water is at its warmest.

Next time I'd like to try May or June, when the flowers are in bloom. But I have no complaints whatsoever about September.

• 4 weeks later...

May is a wonderful time to cruise. It is the tail end of the "high season" and the weather is rather reliable. You can also get some incredible deals on items that weren't bought up during season. Practice up on your bargaining skills. September can be a iffy due to the weather in the tropics. Hurricanes are a huge consideration.

CaribbeanBlue

http://www.*****.org

i would recommend sept.. have been to bermuda late april 1st may and water was cool like cape cod water in the summer if not cooler... and i have been in 1st week of oct. and the water was like bath water.. been twice this time of year .. always remember a local advising us to come back in sept when the humidity of the summer is gone and the weather is nice,,, yes you do have to think of hurricanes , but that is just the chance you take... they rarely do get hit.. yes they have , but not usual. have a good time whenever you choose to go.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've done mid September in 1996 and early May last year. Both I thought were great. This last May we had awesome weather but I heard the week before us it did nothing but rain the entire week. That would be a bummer! When we went in 1996, we were in between hurricanes. The seas were rocking that trip. Hardly anyone at dinner and lots of injuries. Its a chance you take. We did the Zenith last year and can't say enough about her and its crew. We were travelling w/ our 5-year daughter. She was treated like such a little princess.

Archived