Forts at night?

davethomasowns

I don't know if it will still be going on during your visit, but when we were in OSJ a couple weeks ago, people were handing out fliers about an evening light show at the San Cristobel fort.

That was probably the Lights and Shadow show.

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/lights-and-shadows/

I believe it is only being shown on Saturdays now, but you can always call and ask.

I will be in San Juan on Monday March 9, from 5pm to midnight. I read online that both El Morro and San Cristobal Fort close at 6pm. Is there any chance for us to be able to visit one of these? Which is closer to the port and how do we get there?

Thanks

Shane

San Cristobal is closer - about six blocks, uphill, to the east (right) from the OSJ piers. If you can't get inside, there are still good views of the outside of both forts and the city walls all over the place. A walk along the outer harbor (Paseo del Morro) at sunset would be nice.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the help!

Just got back from our cruise today and our night in San Juan was great We first went to San Cristobal and spent about 45 minutes enjoying some amazing views. We then took a nice walk to El Morro and watched a beautiful sunset. It's definitly something we will never forget.

I will post pictures later on.

Thanks again

Shane

Thanks for the help!

Just got back from our cruise today and our night in San Juan was great We first went to San Cristobal and spent about 45 minutes enjoying some amazing views. We then took a nice walk to El Morro and watched a beautiful sunset. It's definitly something we will never forget.

Thanks again

Shane

Can't wait to see the photos.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the help!

Thanks again

Shane

Shane,

Did the ship dock & get clearance any earlier then 5:00? Was everyone trying to get off at the same time?

Archived