Has anyone ever received OBC he wasn't expecting?

flashdog_1

On our Dawn cruise last month I was expecting $50 OBC from the NCL promotion, and $50 more from the on line cruise agency who matched it. But when we got our little chits to sign, there was an extra one for $25 and another for $15 for each of us. I went to reception to find out where it came from. It was not the refunded fuel surcharge. That $77 showed for each of us. They merely said "it must have been from your travel agent." hmm An unadvertised bonus perk? Has this happened to anyone else?

Our first cruise on the Star we had $250.00 OBC per a letter that was waiting for us in our stateroom when we boarded. When I asked about it I was told that when CAS booked our stateroom there was a current OBC offer through NCL and even though we were in a comp'ed room we qualified for the promo. I know thats not the info you are really looking for probably, but it is an answer to your question.. 8-)

we had OBC of $224 for fuel surcharge--expected

then $200 OBC for promotion--expected

then couple days into the cruise there was a $20 ($5 for each person in the cabin).....it was listed as refundable credit. have NO idea what it was from.

Depending on when you booked, a lot of the lines were giving fuel surcharge refunds, because the price of fuel dropped. For a 5-day cruise, we had $35 each in OBC on the Jewel last week. :D

But I am pretty sure it was listed as such on my bill... *checks* Yup, listed as "Fuel Supplement OBC." Nevermind. LOL!

On our Sky cruise in October I received a $25 OBC and have no idea why. I think this was before the fuel surcharge so it couldn't have been that, it couldn't have been a latitudes thing because my mom and her friend didn't get it, and I was in an inside cabin and they were in a balcony and they didn't get anything. We asked Reception/Credit Desk about it and they didn't know why I was the only one to get it, and our TA didn't know anything about it either. It's still a mystery!

Since mine were two small ones EACH ($15 and $25 each) in addition to everything I WAS expecting, that would make me think it was for two different things, but for the life of me I can't figure it out. There couldn't have been a price drop (although someone I met on the sailing paid only $150 each!!!) after final payment that NCL or the TA gave me!!

Our ship was sold out, so maybe the upsell fairy gave OBC instead of calling to upsell. LOL

I've received a couple in the range of $25 or $50. Someone told me they might come from the bank/credit card you used. ???

I don't remember reading about any promo where I might have received something for that, but sounds like a real possibility. I used the NCL card. ha I know there'd been an American Express big OBC deal shortly after we booked, but I didn't use my Amex!

Archived