Podcast download

We used all of Rick Steves podcast tours in Rome and they are very good! Here's a link to his website with details of all of the podcast tours that he offers (for free): http://www.ricksteves.com/news/travelnews/0602/audiotour_menu.htm

Another one which might be of interest: http://www.rudymaxa.com/

I download these from Itunes (see the travel section/National Geographic)

Another one which might be of interest: http://www.rudymaxa.com/

I download these from Itunes (see the travel section/National Geographic)

I was having trouble locating the Rudy Maxa podcasts and then finally noticed this recent post from Rudy explaining why:

"I just checked with National Geographic Traveler and learned they've taken down all the walking tour podcasts. Not just on iTunes but also on the magazine's own site. I can't seem to figure out the reason--something about "budgets," but I don't really think it cost 'em anything to have them posted on iTunes. But there you go. If you go the magazine's web site, you can find print versions of walking tours to many cities. I'll remove the link to them at the top of maxablog.com.

Best, Rudy"

We just used three of them on our most recent travels: In Barcelona:Rudy Maxa's Las Ramblas; in Rome: Italy Guide's Circus Maximus and Mouth of Truth. I downloaded them to our MP3 player back in October or November for our January cruise, and I see now that they are no longer available anywhere on the net that I have searched. I had bought a simple two headset adapter so that DH and I could both listen to the podcasts at the same time as we walked. Worked really well for the three podcasts that I had prerecorded. Sorry to see that there are no more free downloads available anywhere that I have searched.There are some that you can purchase for a fee however. I almost bought the one for Valetta, Malta before our last trip. Some of the tourist sites rent similar programs on their sites and if you have a two headset adapter like I do you can usually use the same adapter I have and get 2/1 if the device has an extra earphone or similar external jack (as long as you don't mind walking around together on a shortish tether!)

Archived