Costa Classica

lachner

My hubby and I are travelling on the Classica on Dec 12. We booked the cruise due to the port intensive itinerary but are now concerned with the negative comments. There are very few postings related to the Classica in the Caribbean. Does anyone have first hand information? We have travelled on the Regent Star (1989), the Sunbird (1999) and the Norwegian Sky (2003). We are certainly not top of the line travellers and are relatively easy to please. I guess I'm looking for reassurance that we didn't make a big mistake.

My wife and I went on CLassica several years ago. It was nice and we enjoyed it. Some of the passengers were a little rude but it was a nice trip in the Carib. I missed the negative comments, so don't know what the current scoop is. Have a great trip!

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I went on the Costa Classica on the Mediterranean in September this year for our honeymoon. The ship and staff were very pleasant, we stayed in one of the 10 suites on the ship, you could not fault the cleanliness or size of the room. Food is plentiful, restaurant was a bit noisy but suppose you should expect that when they are catering for so many people. We, too were worried after we had booked the cruise as had read some negative comments but did not find this to be the case. A very enjoyable time, hope you have fun.

I just returned from a Classica sailing in the Med and am happy to report that it was a great cruise, despite so many rumblings on this and other boards. On the passenger comment card I gave high marks in nearly all aspects, but rated the food just average. I always had plenty to eat, however, and certainly never went hungry. Entrees were sometimes dry and overcooked and not (in the case of the buffet) always appetizingly presented. I also have to agree with a previous comment regarding the level of noise in the dining room. The marble floors create quiet a din which was marginally less noticable after our table for eight shrank to a smaller table for six.

Attractive, very European ship with a friendly and hard-working staff. I would definitely sail on the Classica or other Costa ship again. Have fun.

Brian

Archived