Back from final 5 night Elation

dyslexic pirate

Was not impressed with the Elation when we first stepped foot onboard. But with each day we grew to like her more and more! It is an older ship that is well maintained and we found her easy to navigate.

Our balcony was itty bitty - but that wasn't a surprise because we'd done our research - just a little surprised to see that it was barely big enough for two people to stand on let alone spend much time on.

Our V deck cabin had plenty of room. Many in our group never did find the "hidden" cabinet with the blow dryer in the vanity in the cabin. Bathroom was fairly roomy. Shower area was substantial compared to some on the new ships.

We thought the food was really great and room service was very prompt.

The gym area is really nice and they've utilized the area very effectively. If you go and want to lock up your valuables while you workout or sauna just hand the ladies at the spa appointment desk your S&S card and they will give a key to a locker at no charge.

Returning guests party - LOTS of free drinks and appetizers.

Ship really rocked on the 4th night! A couple of times it seems as though we'd dipped down and scrapped the bottom of the ocean before climbing the next wave. We were in the front of ship so we did anticipate more motion than usual....but even the crew said it was the rockiest they'd endured so far.

Crew was great! Some were a little sad that Cabo is now off their itinerary as they had friends there and enjoyed their shore time there. They were a little apprehensive about switching to the 3 day only cruises as it is much more work intensive for them.

Went to one of the dance review shows. Thought they were a talented group. R rated comedy show was okay.

We thought it was easy to get on and off the ship at each port whether docked or tendered. We didn't have any excursions booked so we just waited a bit and walked right up and got off each time. We also returned to the ship ahead of the crowds and no problems.

Our main cabin steward was a doll!!! She lives on the ship in a cabin she shares with her husband. She gave my DH a big hug when he handed her the tea lights w/extra batteries that we'd used all week in our cabin. She planned to surprise her hubby with a romantic setting complete with "flickering candles" for Valentines. (she had commented how neat she thought the battery operated "candles" were after seeing how we'd scattered them in the cabin an left a couple on at night in the bathroom as a night light)

One other note: We were able to quickly get back off the ship after we checked in on the first day in order to visit our son who lives in San Diego. We had to scramble to get off and go against the mass of humanity but we didn't run into any problems. Thanks to all who helped with my earlier post about this prior to our cruise.

Glad you liked the Elation, we loved her last year, but we like the Fantasy class ships anyway. Just one thing, she's now doing alternating 3 and 4 day cruises, just like the Paradise, not just 3 days cruises. I sure wish they'd bring back the 5 day Cabo cruise!

Glad you liked the Elation, we loved her last year, but we like the Fantasy class ships anyway. Just one thing, she's now doing alternating 3 and 4 day cruises, just like the Paradise, not just 3 days cruises. I sure wish they'd bring back the 5 day Cabo cruise!

Do you know why they did away with the 5 day Cabo cruise? Just curious. :confused:

Do you know why they did away with the 5 day Cabo cruise? Just curious. :confused:

The rumor a while ago was the price of gas for that length of trip (i.e. pretty low cruise fares) was too high, but now that it's dropped, maybe they'll bring it back?

We loved sailing the Elation 5 day last year too. We like staying in San Diego for a few days before or after the cruise, this is part of the highlight of sailing out of San Diego. I really have no interest in the new runs they are doing and wish Carnival would rethink keeping the 5 day runs to Cabo. I know the 7 day out of LA has a run there weekly, but don't care for LA at all. Carnival please bring back the Cabo run out of San Diego again.

Archived