When do you get the documents in the mail?

kiraryker

I don't bother with paper docs anymore. Edocs are quicker and easier. I can find out all the details of my cruise at final payment time, and not hve to wait for the paper docs. I have not have a good experience with paper docs--I decided after two problems to go with edocs. It is NOT fun to receive your paper docs less than a week before departure date when you are supposed to have it 14-21 days before. One time I got them on Wednesday and we were leaving on Saturday!!! Thus, Edocs all the way.....

Did you book through a TA? Many are now only doing e-docs or if you booked with a group. The group I was with last summer was e-docs only.

The edocs are great - you can even see real time changes like OBC or excursions or cabin changes right up to sailing.

I don't bother with paper docs anymore. Edocs are quicker and easier. I can find out all the details of my cruise at final payment time, and not hve to wait for the paper docs. I have not have a good experience with paper docs--I decided after two problems to go with edocs. It is NOT fun to receive your paper docs less than a week before departure date when you are supposed to have it 14-21 days before. One time I got them on Wednesday and we were leaving on Saturday!!! Thus, Edocs all the way.....

I just liked the idea of getting them in the mail, but maybe I should be looking into edocs as the airlines do it and I have had no problems. What about luggage tags?

Last year our first cruise I goofed up and did something on our page so I ended up having to do edocs and it just wasn't very exciting do the "doc dance" in front of my printer.

So this year I'm hoping to be able to do the dance all the way back to my house from my mail box - haven't decided on the dance yet but what ever it will be good:eek: except maybe for my neighbors

So you print them a few days before departure? I think I need to learn more:D

Yes - you can print them as many times as you'd like. They are usually available shortly after final payment. We've seen them change as OBC we had was applied, then again after I booked a ship's shore excursion. Even saw ours go from TBA on room assignment once to our assigned room. I usually check them out a beforehand and print the final set and luggage tags about a week ahead of time.

I just liked the idea of getting them in the mail, but maybe I should be looking into edocs as the airlines do it and I have had no problems. What about luggage tags?

This is why we don't do e- docs......paper docs come with tags already printed.......just slap them on your luggage and your good to go.......

Yes - you can print them as many times as you'd like. They are usually available shortly after final payment. We've seen them change as OBC we had was applied, then again after I booked a ship's shore excursion. Even saw ours go from TBA on room assignment once to our assigned room. I usually check them out a beforehand and print the final set and luggage tags about a week ahead of time.

The document gods must have been listening!! Got mine in the mail and yes I did the DANCE!!!! WHOOO HOOOO

I did print them last year but this year I wanted to see what I can get in the mail and it is so much nicer!! It comes in a complete little booklet everything is together! Even the luggage tags you just pull them out of the booklet - everything else says together

Now I'm really ready to go!!

Archived