Should we pre-book Coco Cay "excursions?"

Dingbat8

I'm wondering if activities on Coco Cay -- floating mats, slide, wave-runner, etc. -- ever fill up? Or is it safe to arrange them when you get there? Right now a lazy beach day sounds great, but when we get there we might feel like doing something!

You do NOT have to pre=book floating mats---they have TONS of them. If you decide you need one, then get it on the island. (We made the mistake of pre-booking--didn't need them, but were stuck with paying for and lugging them around!)

Wave-runners: if you really want to do that, you may want to book ahead, but they usually have available spots. It's not a "go on your own" thing--it's a "follow the leader" type experience---the slow ones hold up the ones who want to go fast, and the fast ones make the slow ones feel awful, for holding up the group! If you want to go on your own, do this at a different beach/port!

I'm wondering if activities on Coco Cay -- floating mats, slide, wave-runner, etc. -- ever fill up? Or is it safe to arrange them when you get there? Right now a lazy beach day sounds great, but when we get there we might feel like doing something!

You may not have to, but why not? There's no risk involved because if you miss Coco Cay (as happened on my cruise) they will refund the cost of the excursion to your SS -- instant OBC. :D

At least your preferred time for something like the waverunners is guaranteed.

Cheers,

Ed

The only advantage we found with pre-booking(actually departure day) was getting decent times for activities where there would be groups participating such as Para Sailing and Wave Runners. All other activities are pretty much come when you want and there were plenty of mats, peddle boats Kayaks,to go around.

Coco Cay from Parasail:

2179912930101352373S425x425Q85.jpg

2709426270101352373S425x425Q85.jpg

Thank you all for the responses. I think I'll find out if anyone in my family really wants to do parasailing or wave runners (with the understanding that its a guided thing) &, if so, book them. For the rest of the stuff, we'll wait til we get there to decide.

I love those pics of the island from the parasail!

Archived