Pearl - Courtyard Villas questions

I know these questions have been asked before and I'm sure the answers are in these boards somewhere, however, we're not getting definite answers. :confused:

We're due to set sail on the Pearl Sunday (SO EXCITED!) :p and would like to hear from someone who can give definite answers to the following. While in our Courtyard Villa:

1) Is there an Ipod docking station in the Courtyard Villa? If so, do we need to bring anything special such as a certain wire?

2) I understand we have WiFi in our room. Other than purchasing minutes, do we need to bring anything else?

3) CD and DVD library - We're supposed to have these. Does this mean that we actually have the use of these or do we have to rent them. Are they DVD players that will allow us to play a DVD of our own from home?

Much appreciated!

I sailed on the Pearl in Courtyard Villas twice last year. The below information was correct as of then -- if it's changed, I hope someone will correct me.

iPod -- We didn't have any docking station in our room and at the time, I didn't think of hooking it up to the TV. You might be able to do that. We just brought a portable charger and lightweight portable speakers.

WiFi - Just bring your laptop and you should be good to go. There is a port in the wall if you want to bring a cable instead.

CD/DVD - You'll have a DVD player in both the living area and the master bedroom. There is a list in your room of available movies and CD's. Just ask your Butler and he'll bring whatever you want. No charge. You can also bring movies from home.

FYI - You're going to LOVE the suite and the Courtyard. We just returned from our first cruise on the new Celebrity Solstice in a suite. It didn't compare. We really missed NCL. You're going to be hooked!

cruisewmn,

Thank you so much for the answers. We'll be sure to bring our docking station.

We're very excited about the Courtyard Villas. We were originally booked in an AF mini and very happy. Then, my husband was offered the Courtyard A4 at a very fair price and couldn't pass it up. It's amazing how quickly our plans changed when we realized what the A4 is all about. I can't be sure we'll even leave the boat for ports anymore. Heck, we may not even leave the 14th floor! :D

It's really great to read your post. I've seen a lot of not-so-happy posts lately and I almost started to worry. I quickly got over it though. Things aren't always perfect and bumps sometimes happen. We may run into an issue or two but we're on a beautiful ship taking a beautiful voyage. Really, what could be so bad? My husband and I are celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary on this cruise and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else! :)

Thanks again for your responses.

Thanks, JHayman,

I recognized your name right away. We've read your review several times and have taken notes. Your review was very informative and honest. Very helpful. :)

I'm happy you enjoyed your Courtyard. I know we will also.

Thanks for confirming cruisewmn's responses. Now we know exactly what we'll need to bring.

Happy to help!

Don't worry about the negative posts. There were a few that I read before our first NCL cruise that got me nervous. Honestly, our two cruises on NCL have been our best ones. The Courtyard level is like its own little world. Yet, you still get all the benefits of being on a large ship.

One tip, make as many reservations for specialty dining as you can the first day. You can always change or cancel. That way, you'll get the places and times you desire. I have to admit that we never ate in the main dining rooms. We enjoyed the buffet and the specialty dining was wonderful. Lunch at Cagneys was wonderful every day.

The butler is great. We've found that we get the best service when we try to flexible. Once they know you're willing to work with them, they bend over backwards to accomodate your needs.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Sound like you're going to have an amazing anniversary!

Archived