Sand fleas!!!!!!!

Chris&Krystal

I've not heard of the sand flea problem but there is occassionally an issue with sea lice which make sand fleas seem docile. This usually occurs (if it occurs at all any given year) in the spring and smmer time frame. You can search for sea lice on google.

We are leaving out of Galveston on the Ecstasy. I have heard that cozumel is having a sand flea issue. Can anyone confirm?

Also, how big of a nussiance are sand fleas? I can't say that i have ever encountered one....

Thanks!

Sand fleas are found anywhere there is sand....on every island, every beach along the southern U.S.....and the north in the summer.

Cozumel doesn't have the market cornered and has no more or less problems than any other beach anywhere.

I'm a long-time member of the "Loyal Order of the Sand Flea" from being stationed at Parris Island, SC after boot camp. These little buggers were pure torture......

I got a few bites in Roatan, but my sister didn't get any. Luckily for me they weren't bad and were gone in a day or two. I carry little pre-packaged bug repellant wipes with me, so usually I don't have any problems. We didn't have any problems in Cozumel

Archived