BETTOJA MEDITERRANO:Rome

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? I may not have gotten the spelling exactly right, my handwriting isn't the best anymore. It seems like the better hotels in Rome are running around 500.00 a night which is high but if you compare it to New York I guess it's not too far out of line especiall with the exchange rate. I know with some hotels you can prepay but the fare is non refundable and since we aren't going until late September I don't want to do that. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

There was a posting on Trip Advisor that hotel tourism is way down so I would shop around for a hotel. 500 seems high to me unless you are going to stay at a 5* hotel.

Check out http://www.venere.com and http://www.booking.com and romeby.com for hotels.

I have used both venere and booking with good success and prices less than those on the hotel websites. I am sure that others will have suggestions for hotels also.

Good luck.

Mary

$500!!! My gosh, when are you going to Rome?? I have never paid anything close to that , and I have stayed at 4 star properties.

Check reservationitaly.com. It's an Italian booking agency that discounts hotels. A couple of years ago we got several rooms at Hotel Ponte Sisto, a 4 star hotel near Campo D fiori, for half price.

Editing to add; I just checked reservationitaly for some dates in Sept. They are offering, among others, the Hotel Dei Mellini, a lovely 4 star hotel , for 225 Euros , including all taxes and breakfast. The hotel you are considering is not better than Dei Mellini. I would never consider paying anything close to $500 for it. Location is not that great either.

Archived