Questions about Roseau Valley Treasures Tour

Casey2

We are very interested in the Roseau Valley Treasures Tour given by Bumping Tours. I hope someone can answer my questions. How much hiking is there on this tour and is the terrain flat or rocky? Also is swimming a must. We are interested in the hot springs but swimming in cooler water is not medically feasible at this time.

We are very interested in the Roseau Valley Treasures Tour given by Bumping Tours. I hope someone can answer my questions. How much hiking is there on this tour and is the terrain flat or rocky? Also is swimming a must. We are interested in the hot springs but swimming in cooler water is not medically feasible at this time.

I believe he does this tour with a long hike to one of the falls and a very shorter walk to a falls. If you email him, he will answer your questions very quickly.

I loved Levi's tour. I did not swim at Titou Gorge (too chilly) but I did go in the hot springs. I had sneakers and water sandals, but I really could have used the Keen's water shoes recommended by Levi.

Here's the reply I made to "Traveling with 2 kids + 2 seniors" - her FIL has mobility issues.

Just got back and was in Dominica last week at Titou Gorge and Trafalgar Falls. I was at Emerald Pool last year. IMO these are all "challenging" and would not be appropriate for someone with mobility issues. I felt that the level of difficulty was underrated. The kids would be OK, but I'm not sure your FIL would be.

You either climb down and then up or vice versa. The trails have rough steps - dirt with a log edge - and almost no hand rails. In many places you are stepping down onto rocks. Because of the liability issues, in the US you would not find attractions such as these charging admission to the general public. The conditions were more like those you might find hiking parts of the Appalachian Trail.

I loved Levi's tour. I did not swim at Titou Gorge (too chilly) but I did go in the hot springs. I had sneakers and water sandals, but I really could have used the Keen's water shoes recommended by Levi.

Here's the reply I made to "Traveling with 2 kids + 2 seniors" - her FIL has mobility issues.

Just got back and was in Dominica last week at Titou Gorge and Trafalgar Falls. I was at Emerald Pool last year. IMO these are all "challenging" and would not be appropriate for someone with mobility issues. I felt that the level of difficulty was underrated. The kids would be OK, but I'm not sure your FIL would be.

You either climb down and then up or vice versa. The trails have rough steps - dirt with a log edge - and almost no hand rails. In many places you are stepping down onto rocks. Because of the liability issues, in the US you would not find attractions such as these charging admission to the general public. The conditions were more like those you might find hiking parts of the Appalachian Trail.

Did you do the tour with the long hike or the short hike? Also did you go to Champagne Reef? And last, what time did you arrive back to the ship?

Thanks!

I'm not sure what you mean by the long hike or the short hike. Middleham Falls (long) or Trafalgar Falls(short)? At Trafalgar Falls, we went to the viewing platform and then climbed down to the hot spring pool, which is as far as I went. Some folks went further on - I think you could go all the way to the base of the falls.

We went to Champagne Reef, but Levi advised that the seas were not good for snorkeling. He did not charge us the extra $7 and everyone appreciated his expert advice about the sea conditions.

We left as soon as we docked (about 8:10) and got back about 2:30. It would have been no later than 3:30 if we had gone snorkeling.

Good water shoes (Keen's) would have been wonderful to have. I had my sneakers and water sandals. I ended up going in the hot spring pool with my sneakers.

I'm not sure what you mean by the long hike or the short hike. Middleham Falls (long) or Trafalgar Falls(short)? At Trafalgar Falls, we went to the viewing platform and then climbed down to the hot spring pool, which is as far as I went. Some folks went further on - I think you could go all the way to the base of the falls.

We went to Champagne Reef, but Levi advised that the seas were not good for snorkeling. He did not charge us the extra $7 and everyone appreciated his expert advice about the sea conditions.

We left as soon as we docked (about 8:10) and got back about 2:30. It would have been no later than 3:30 if we had gone snorkeling.

Good water shoes (Keen's) would have been wonderful to have. I had my sneakers and water sandals. I ended up going in the hot spring pool with my sneakers.

Thanks! I just booked a tour with him doing Trafalgar Falls, Titou Gorge and Champagne Reef. I'm really looking forward to it.

Archived