Star Princess Mini-Suite AD??

jdennis

Could someone tell me about mini-suites on Emerald (AD)? Is it better to stay with one of these or accept an upgrade? I hear these are covered and other mini's aren't? First cruise to Alaska (Late May)..........what will weather be like? I also heard they have an indoor heated pool.......sounds nice! Thanks for everything,

Jack & Sandra

Could someone tell me about mini-suites on Emerald (AD)? Is it better to stay with one of these or accept an upgrade? I hear these are covered and other mini's aren't? First cruise to Alaska (Late May)..........what will weather be like? I also heard they have an indoor heated pool.......sounds nice! Thanks for everything,

Jack & Sandra

If you can choose an assigned AD and lock in the booking (mark it no upgrade), I would go that route, especially in Alaska. The chance of an upgrade does exist, but most likely your chances would be to another mini suite in a different area (same layout) with an uncovered balcony.

Uh oh, I just booked three mini-suites on the Island Princess (Dolphin Deck) for 22 Jun. Does that mean they are exposed on that ship as well?? New to posting so if I made any protocol erros please let me know

Cheers, Kenn(W5KAP)

We love the AD mini's and always mark "do not upgrade" as an upgrade would probably put you on the dolphin deck with exposed balcony. Have a great cruise.
Me too. IMHO, these are terrific mini-suites as they are fully-covered and VERY private. For cruises such as Alaska, you'll be more protected from wind. If I am able to get an AD, I always have it marked "Do not upgrade."

Uh oh, I just booked three mini-suites on the Island Princess (Dolphin Deck) for 22 Jun. Does that mean they are exposed on that ship as well?? New to posting so if I made any protocol erros please let me know
The Island Princess is designed differently from the Star or other Grand-class ships. I believe all of the mini-suites, including the ADs, are uncovered but perhaps someone who knows more about the mini's on the Island has more accurate information.

Jack & Sandra

You will love the cover when it pours. ;)

Cheers, Kenn(W5KAP)

Some of the minis on the Island/Coral are covered. here is the site that will help you.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

Marilyn

Marilyn, thanks for the site help. Your info and that of others really helped. I was able to ascertain that all of our cabins haved covered balconies. That's waht I was hoping the answer would be!! I know the south of Alaska is rainy so I suspect we will need the cover.

Cheers, Kenn

Everyone has hit the AD covered issue pretty well. So, I'll throw my two cents in on the weather.

We went in Mid-may and it was still a bit chilly, but we enjoyed it because of where we live. When you get further north, near the glaciers, we found it incredibly chilly.

Everyone has hit the AD covered issue pretty well. So, I'll throw my two cents in on the weather.

We went in Mid-may and it was still a bit chilly, but we enjoyed it because of where we live. When you get further north, near the glaciers, we found it incredibly chilly.

Yep, it will be a nice respit for those of us from South Texas as well. Though we are from IL and WI originally, I think we have lost the cold gene. I am sure we will enjoy this no matter the weather. I suspect the evenings will be cool. I still can't wait to have a cup of tea out on the balcony as the beautiful shoreline goes by. And at that time of year, we will have plenty of daylight.

Cheers, Kenn;)

• 2 months later...

How do you mark a guarantee room as "do not upgrade" Do I call Princess or is there somewhere in the Personalizer you can do it..I had a BF guarantee on the Star and got a BA upgrade with a covered balcony and I dont wont to get bumped to something else...Thanks

How do you mark a guarantee room as "do not upgrade" Do I call Princess or is there somewhere in the Personalizer you can do it..I had a BF guarantee on the Star and got a BA upgrade with a covered balcony and I dont wont to get bumped to something else...Thanks

Online if you booked through Princess you only had the option to mark it when going through the booking process. You need to now call Princess and have them mark the booking.

If you booked through a TA then call them.

Archived