Norwegian Kids Club??

JRsMom

Do you really have to pay extra to use the kids club??? I think it just seems to be on port days, but come on! Are there any other cruise lines that do this?? I seem to have read good reviews about Princess' kids club. What others are suggested??

I've read crusinmama's sheets, been on Disney (first cruise, so I compare everything to them....not a good thing) and Royal Caribbean. My son LOVED Disney and he really liked Royal. Princess seems very comparable to Royal. Is Norwegian good enough to make "paying" for the kids club worth it??

Thanks for you help!

Jackie

We will be on the Star in April and from what I understand there is no charge for the Kids Club during sea days, but if you leave your child there on port days there is a fee. I also know that they have a nightime thing that costs extra. Hope this helps.:)

Having read through the NCL pages, it looks like on sea days, the kids club is looked at as alternative activities that would be of more interest to kids than adults. but on port days, leaving the kids in the club is regarded as babysitting, and charged as such. EM

The kids club is free on sea days and free after 7pm on port days. When you are in port and after 10:30pm there is a charge of $5 per hour for the first kid and $3 additional for a second. Not too bad considering the price of babysitters these days! My sons loved the kids club. I have all the schedules and policies and pictures posted for the Gem and the Dawn. All the ships follow a similar schedule, activities, etc.

Just to elaborate and correct a few minor details:

NCL Kids crew is totally free on sea days until 10:30pm. After then, it's $5/hr for first kid and $3/hr for all kids after that.

On port days, it's free from 9am - pull in to port (for example, if you pull in to port at noon, it's free from 9am to noon.)

while in port it's the same price as above ($5/$3 hr).

it's free again once they call "all aboard" which is roughly 1/2 hour before ship sails. so if you're scheduled to be in port until 5pm, they "open" at 4:30pm (when they call all aboard).

We found the NCL kids club to be very well organized - - and are looking forward to our next cruise with them on the Gem.

PS - I have my kids club schedules so if you have specific qs, i can try to help answer them

The kids club is free on sea days and free after 7pm on port days. When you are in port and after 10:30pm there is a charge of $5 per hour for the first kid and $3 additional for a second. Not too bad considering the price of babysitters these days! My sons loved the kids club. I have all the schedules and policies and pictures posted for the Gem and the Dawn. All the ships follow a similar schedule, activities, etc.

Thank you! I took a very quick look at your website last night. I have to get back over there and look closer! I'm fortunate enough to not know what a babysitter even goes for nowadays! :o We don't go anywhere!! But I do know how much daycare costs!!:mad: I was just surprised they charged while you are in port. The 2 cruises we have been on, we do one day that we go out and do an excursion that the kids can't do...ie. jet skis! That is when we would have DS in the kids club while in port.

Thanks again for your advice, it was helpful!

Just to elaborate and correct a few minor details:

NCL Kids crew is totally free on sea days until 10:30pm. After then, it's $5/hr for first kid and $3/hr for all kids after that.

On port days, it's free from 9am - pull in to port (for example, if you pull in to port at noon, it's free from 9am to noon.)

while in port it's the same price as above ($5/$3 hr).

it's free again once they call "all aboard" which is roughly 1/2 hour before ship sails. so if you're scheduled to be in port until 5pm, they "open" at 4:30pm (when they call all aboard).

We found the NCL kids club to be very well organized - - and are looking forward to our next cruise with them on the Gem.

PS - I have my kids club schedules so if you have specific qs, i can try to help answer them

Thanks for the reply!! Royal was the same way, for the "Late Night Party"! That was after 10:15pm. I guess if we were to go with NCL, we'd have to be diligent when we do the excursions! The couple of cruises we were on, we did jet skis (which the kids can't do) or we took DS back on board to the kids club (because he got restless and bored), then went shopping!

Like I said, Disney was the first cruise and kids club experience! And we got spoiled!! I'm just trying to sort out how the "real" world cruises do the kids club stuff!!:o

When you say they are organized....does that mean the kids all do the same thing or they have a few different things to choose from? On Royal, they all did the same thing. DS got bored doing some of the activities and would act out and get in trouble. That is something I know to look for now, when looking at the clubs!

Thanks again for all your help!!

If you're sailing the Dawn, where she ports for 3 days in Bermuda, the Kids Crew is free only from 7:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. while in port. Keep in mind that while in port, the Kids Crew is only group babysitting, no planned or organized activities. It's pretty much free play and movies.

Having said that, our 2 kids (now 10 and 5) LOVED it!!! They've been there many times over the last 3 cruises and are very much looking forward to our next one in June.

I am glad I found this forum as I am a newbie! Lots of info, thanks! We have only cruised Disneyand the youngest was in the nursery so we paid for that anyway! It was worth it!

I will have a kid in every group, from 3 to a teenager!

• 2 weeks later...

We left our 2 girls in kids camp on the dawn one day we were i port. the counselors told them that today was special, and they get to do whatever my girls wanted to do. They loved it. also there has been some bad posts about the Dawn Kids crew, I just want to say that the counselors were amazing!!!! My daughters LOVED them, and hugged them when it was time to say good bye. The program was well organized and they loved there little fieldtrips trough the ship. We saled Jan 09, and Girls are 3 and 6. Taking in to account the price of a excursion, it wasnt so bad to leave them for 4 hours on the boat, so we could go diving. If your going on the dawn say hi to Twinkie and Remix from Mercedes and Lincoln! (the counselors go by there nick names).

Archived