New here and to NCL

alwysonvctn

This is my first post on this board, I wanted to say hi as I have been lurking awhile and have a few questions.

I am booked on NCL Dream Jan 23,05. This will be our 3rd cruise, the first 2 on Carnival.

There seems to be a lot of Dream cruisers on this board and thought this would be the best place to get answers. :confused: What is the earliest they start boarding on the Dream? Was the river rough, I am a bit prone to sea sickness. What is availabel from room service?

I am sure I will come up with more in the next 6 weeks:)

OK then, did I miss something? Is this an exclusive site? I see that my post has been read 53 times and no replies. Oh well, I guess I will just move along and find a site that is not so exclusive.

Thanks anyways!

We all read the question, but not all are able to answer it. Be patient. Somebody who has the answer will come along. :)

Not exclusive methinks.... just not as many posts as the Carnival site.... not as many ships.... etc. Patience... if no response, just bump it back to the top... you will eventually find answers. Have never been on the Dream myself or would be happy to answer.

Just a suggestion but maybe you could put the name of the ship in the subject line. I have been on several ships but not the Dream, yet. Most of the time I find that if the ship is scheduled to leave at 4PM than you can get on board around 11AM...even though your documents will say 1PM. I think we left at 7PM on our cruise out of San Juan and we were still able to get on board before noon.

Happy cruising.

Hi

I too am relatively new to this site but have quickly become fascinated by it. I promise you people will reply if they have an answer, but another way is to read through the various posts. Since doing so, I have answered questions that I didn't even know I had!:D

I am boarding the Dawn in two weeks and cannot wait!

OK then, did I miss something? Is this an exclusive site? I see that my post has been read 53 times and no replies. Oh well, I guess I will just move along and find a site that is not so exclusive.

Thanks anyways!

53 reads from a Saturday night through Sunday morning sounds like a lot of reads to me, demonstrating the interest this board has in trying to help out an NCL "newbie". I'd take the advice of the posters to date, and note that the mega ship passengers certainly out number the smaller ones, so you should exercise some patience, and the suggestion about putting Dream in your title may attract more specific readers.

You may also want to post on the roll call threads. I looked and didn't see any one for 1/23 for the Dream but there is one for 1/16. good luck and welcome to the boards...

PS I don't think the river will be rough but you can never tell about the ocean...

You may also want to post on the roll call threads. I looked and didn't see any one for 1/23 for the Dream but there is one for 1/16. good luck and welcome to the boards...

PS I don't think the river will be rough but you can never tell about the ocean...

I did the same rollcall search earlier and had the same thought about the "river" but decided not to post it :D

also what is available from room service varies by the class of room you are in. Standard(non-suite rooms) get a fairly small menu. Unlike RC where any one can order off the menu when the restuarant is open, NCL restricts you to a modest but adequate room service menu. Particularly good is the chocolate mouse. People in the higher grade suites can order off the restuarant menu...

Hi Shoreguy!

Archived