cruisequick...too good to be true

Hi yall. I'm writing in disappointment eventhough common sense told me to think overwise. I requested a quote from cruisequick-10 night Brilliance Jan. 14, 2005 sailing. The quote for two came back extremely low ($1,000 different than other websites)with a Jan. 15th date. I wrote back and asked if the quote was correct and I then received a new quote saying the first one was a computer error. To my surprise though, the only things that were changed were the sailing date and the deposit amount required. Since this was just an outstanding quote, I decided to email them again this time asking for a higher category. This time the quote was in comparison to all the other websites. Confused, but excited, I tried to book the original quote right away. They wrote back and said "the current rate is now $_ pp and if I was still interested in booking, email them back.
What a pain in the butt. I of course wrote them back asking if the current rate changed or was the second quote also a computer error. In their response, they said that I should not be surprised that it was a mistake because when I inquired about an upgrade, the price had considerably gone up. And if I wanted to cancel my booking, I would have to email them again with all my information. I just used cruisequick for my past cruise and it had worked out well. Oh well, April

Adventure of the Seas 4/11/04
<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">
<param name="font" value="lcdb0">
<param name="year" value=2004>
<param name="month" value=04>
<param name="day" value=11>
<param name="hour" value=22>
</applet>

They tried to pull the computer error ploy on me also. They quoted me a senior rate I didn't qualify for, not mentioning anywhere that it was a senior rate.

When I questioned them on it, since it was really too low to be believeable, they said the computer accidentally (yeah, right) gave me the senior rate and when they requoted it, it wasn't any better than some of the other discount agencies.

The whole fiasco kind of soured me on the cruise, so I ended up booking an 11 day trip to Hawaii instead. I guess I'll survive. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

----------------------------------------------------------

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits" Mark Twain

"Nothing so needs reforming as other people's formal night attire, poolside attire, child rearing practices, walk-talkie usage, chair hogging, seat saving, line cutting ..." Mark_K

I've booked three cabins on two cruises through them without any major difficulties. One number off on a confirmation # that didn't take any effort to correct. I'm always careful to fill in all the information asked for in the comments section, indicating where we live, that we are NOT elegable for discounts such as the senior discount, special occasions et....

Errors happen in every business. Even computer errors. It doesn't surprise me to read about problems with any TA, online or traditional.

Future cruises
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2005;01;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]
Monarch OTS - Mexico Baja 1/05
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;11;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]
Explorer OTS - Eastern Caribbean 11/04

Past cruises
Vision OTS - Alaska 7/03
Legend OTS - Alaska 7/02

Archived