Diving in St Maarten or Grenada?

jchitt

I went diving with Aquanauts in 2006. My sister is not certified but had done the resort course in St Thomas. She also went diving in Grenada. I actually liked it. I had a great time. Our dive master was Bruce. He was AWESOME!! We also saw a humongous stingray just laying on a sandy ledge. That was the first time I ever saw a stingray. If I were in Grenada, I would go diving again, and I would also go with aquanauts again.

I went diving with Native Spirit in Grenada a couple of weeks ago. It was my first dive. Had a one-on-one intro in the pool then went out on their dive boat with 2 other (more experienced) divers and 3 staff. The reef was healthy and lots of aquatic life. Native Spirit was very prompt in replying to my emails and picked me up right on time. They are located on Grand Anse so I chilled out on the beach after the dive which was nice.

• 2 weeks later...

I am with Bruce, Aquanauts in Grenada. I have been to St. Maarteens 4 times never considered diving there. 2 times to Grenada and dove with Aquanauts and Dive Grenada. Go with Aquanauts.

We are off to Anthony's Key for a week of diving. After 18 cruises we like doing dive resorts now.

Richard

We are diving with Dive Safaris in St Maarten on March 9, will let you know when we get back. Chose this one because a young women from our home town is doing her DiveMaster down there. So far, online they've been great. Even told us just to meet them at the Holland American ship and we can hitch a ride with them.

Archived