Strictness about Age groupings on Navigator

Citizen Jane

Hi Everyone,

My DD is in a mixed K-1 classroom and will turn 6 the day after the cruise ends. Do you think I will be able to get her into the 6-8 year old group?

She is in after care at her school and spends a couple of hours each day playing with kids ranging from 6-10 and I think the 3-5 year old group will bore her. I base this also on her experiences past summer in the 3-5 age group.

Any suggestions other than speaking with the head counselor?

Thanks!!

When we sailed NOS a few years ago, DS turned 9 at the end of the cruise.

I asked if he could go in that age group, and I was told yes, but if he did not act appropriately, there would be no warning, and he would have to go into his "own: age group- 6-8.

We had no problems and he had a great time.

Just came off the Navigator and there were a lot of kids on board. They were very strict with the ages in the kids club. Spoke with one mom who had a son who was turning 6 the week after the cruise and they did not let him move up early because there were already so many kids in that group. I guess it will depend on how many kids are on board during your cruise.

I guess we'll just hope for the best.

She is quite good with younger kids, I just don't want her to feel left out of her peer group. Of course, if there are other 5 year olds she'll be fine...through in a lot of 3s and 4s, however, and she might get bored.

Wish us luck!

Thanks. She's been in the 3-5 year old group last summer, so I know she can handle it. A lot just depends on the counselors and who the other kids in the group are. :rolleyes:

Trust me, I don't want to force her up a group...I'm only thinking about the ages of the kids she's in class with (most are 6, a couple are 7) and since she's such a well-adjusted kid, it really should be a non-issue. The only problem will be if she bonds with an older kid (she did this last summer) and can only hang with them during late nite babysitting.:p Aaah, she'll deal with it.

Grammy will be with us, so she'll be fine wherever she is!!!

I really appreciate all the insight and reassurances.

When we leave for our cruise our DGD's will be 8 and 10 and I am hoping to keep them in separate groups. I beleive they will be happier comparing experiences than competing for them.

I am hoping that my DD (12) who is disabled and in a w/c will be allowed to participate in the kids club with my DGD (who is very good with her and know what she needs). I am not planning to send her much but for certain events she would really enjoy the club. While on the Disney Cruise she was able to participate and had 1:1 intereaction with a crew member. That is the first time I have ever been able to SIT in the audience and watch her (through tears, of course)!

Contact the cruise line ahead of time to find out if your child will be able to participate in the group activities with the younger age group.

Sometimes the people working in the youth program don't have the authority to make case by case decisions and a letter from corporate may lessen their fears of liabililty.

Archived