Can someone explain the fuel obc??

krazycruiser

If you paid for your cruise including the fuel surcharge, it will be credited as OBC. It won't be there immediately, but does show up fairly soon. I think they do each cruise individually. You can check when you get onboard, then keep checking back - it will show up. At least that's how they did our cruise back in January. Enjoy your cruise, I'm sure you'll find a use for that OBC!

It completely depends on the details of your booking. When you booked determined whether, at the time, NCL was going to charge you a fuel supplement. If the fuel supplement was charged, then it depends on whether you actually paid it. If you paid it, then you will receive an OBC in the same amount. If you never paid it (or you paid it but it was then refunded), then you will receive no OBC.

I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. You need to look back at the last two months of credit card statements on the credit card you used to pay your cruise with. If you had paid in full by the time they announced they were refunding those charges, then the credit for you, with your cruise so far out from the date they made the announcement, will be on your credit card, not an OBC. Ours showed up on our credit card statement in December 08. If you had not made final payment by the date they made the announcement they were going to credit those charges, then they credited it off the balance you owed on the cruise.

If neither of those are true for you, you need to contact NCL and see what is going on with your FSC's because I know I read that they would not be giving OBC's that far out, only credit to the balance due or to the credit card that made final payment.

Edit: When I am saying "when they made the announcement, I mean the date they gave of having no more FSC, not the actual date the announcement or press release was made.

Archived