Bahamas beaches?

keep on cruisin

We will be on NCL sky, in June. Ports of call are Grand Bahama island, and Nassau. Are there any beaches in walking distance to the ports. I know we can do day passes at hotels, but we have 9 people and that would get pretty expensive. I understand that we may have a small fee to enter the beach, and possibly rent chairs.

Thanks in advance.

David

We will be on NCL sky, in June. Ports of call are Grand Bahama island, and Nassau. Are there any beaches in walking distance to the ports. I know we can do day passes at hotels, but we have 9 people and that would get pretty expensive. I understand that we may have a small fee to enter the beach, and possibly rent chairs.

Thanks in advance.

David

In Nassau, you can take a taxi to Paradise Island (where Atlantis resort is located) or Cable beach. In Freeport you will be docked in an industrial area, and a popular option is to take a taxi to the Our Lucaya beach area at the Westin/Sheraton hotels. It is free to go to the beach in both locations, but to use resort services you will have to pay a fee (if available).

In Nassau, you can take a taxi to Paradise Island (where Atlantis resort is located) or Cable beach. In Freeport you will be docked in an industrial area, and a popular option is to take a taxi to the Our Lucaya beach area at the Westin/Sheraton hotels. It is free to go to the beach in both locations, but to use resort services you will have to pay a fee (if available).

Thanks, that sounds great. Is Freeport, the same as Grand Bahama island. I haven't been to the Bahams since I was a kid, except for a short stop in Nassau, on the Spirit a couple years ago, where we only got off the ship to do a little shopping.

Archived