Carnival Sensation New Balcony Pictures

JMills006

When I saw the first pictures of it, I thought it looked HORRIBLE, but now that I have seen these pictures where the Sensation is more complete, I have to say I think it looks BETTER with the balcony's added than without. I hope they do this on ALL the Fantasy Class Ships. I think this is the kinda design that will have to grow on some people, cause its "DIFFERENT" its about like a new car, when it first comes out, some may look ugly, but as you see more on the road, they grow on you.

I def. give this refurbishment a THUMBS UP!!!!!!!!

I dont know about anyone else, but I would much rather be sitting on a balcony overlooking the Caribbean counting the countless stars over the sea verses being in a stateroom with a "Window" and just having a ocean view. I think this is a HUGE improvement. As I said up above, I really hope to see this done to all the Fantasy Class Ships.

Carnival Fantasy 04/1999

Carnival Triumph 12/1999

Carnival Triumph 12/2000

Carnival Fantasy 12/2000

Carnival Sensation 11/2001

Carnival Pride 12/2001 (Maiden Voyage)

Carnival Inspiration 05/2002

Navigator Of The Seas 12/2002 (Maiden Voyage)

Navigator Of The Seas 12/2002 (back to back)

Brilliance Of The Seas 11/2003 (11 Day)

Brilliance Of The Seas 12/2003 ( 4 Day )

In the process of planning another cruise ASAP!!!

Wow! It's kind of amazing that they could do all that in the short time it was in dry dock. It does look sort of weird but I'm sure now people will be much happier having more balcony staterooms (that was one of the big complaints I heard back in December when we were on the Sensation - not enough balcony cabins). Nice to see the new Waterworks slide too! :D

All the members we have here @ CC and no one had a review with inside pics today ? :( Hard to believe..:D

There was only one CruiseCritic member listed on the 2/12/09 roll call, and that post was their very first (and only) on this web site.

Looks like everyone will have to wait a while for interior pictures to be made available here.

These are the first pics I have seen where they added balconies aft too. I didn't realize that. Wonder what cat they are charging for those? Anyone know? Are the others port and starboard a cat 12?

I too am all for adding the bals to the Fantasy class. I would be more apt to take a quickie cruise now than I would have been before the bals were added. :)

Kathy,

Aft Balconies on the Sensation are 8E (extended Balcony). I actually booked an 8C and got bumped up to an 8E.

Im looking for someone that has some interior pics of the newly refurbished and designed balcony cabins.

I sure hope someone sends something in before my April 23rd cruise.

djp

Kathy,

Aft Balconies on the Sensation are 8E (extended Balcony). I actually booked an 8C and got bumped up to an 8E.

Im looking for someone that has some interior pics of the newly refurbished and designed balcony cabins.

djp

Now THAT is the best news I've heard all day!! :D I was afraid they would all be 11 or 12. Woo Hoo!!

Kathy,

djp

My aft is a 8C, U210. I was given the option of an 8E but was told the beds could not be made into a king, only singles. So what deck are the 8Es on? The afts (non wake viewing) look like the same balcony size.

I am in e259. I am traveling with my two kids so I didnt even ask about the Bed into the king.

I was just happy that an aft balcony became available, so I jumped at it.

Kit, thanks in advance for the pics of the aft bacony staterooms.

djp

Archived