ANY ALTERNATIVES FOR PARKING AT MIAMI PORT AND PAYING $20 per day?

janpdel

We haven't sailed from Port of Miami in several years and I was SHOCKED to see the daily rate is now $20 per day. Has anyone used any off-site parking that will shuttle you to the port? Have heard some of these places are not safe due to swamping things on your car. Even thought of spending the night in a hotel if they would allow you to leave your car in their parking lot for the week and if they have a shuttle to take you back and forth to the pier.

Check out Parksleepfly.com for hotels that offer free parking while cruising. You can also search the Florida departures board for similar info. Most of the hotels offering free parking are near the Miami airport - if they don't have a shuttle it will cost you $24+tip for the cab ride. Good luck!:)

We haven't sailed from Port of Miami in several years and I was SHOCKED to see the daily rate is now $20 per day. Has anyone used any off-site parking that will shuttle you to the port? Have heard some of these places are not safe due to swamping things on your car. Even thought of spending the night in a hotel if they would allow you to leave your car in their parking lot for the week and if they have a shuttle to take you back and forth to the pier.

Lots of good info you already got from others. But just to throw this out to you also........

if you happen to have a "disabled parking permit" from any state, the parking at the Port of Miami is FREE. :rolleyes:

We stayed at La Quinta Airport East and were allowed to leave our vehicle for the week, also had a shuttle to port. All we had to do was pay for Taxi back to the La Quinta.

======================================================

Do you recall how much the taxi ride back to the La Quinta cost you?

Just wondering since we are staying at this hotel in April. Was it hard to find a taxi at the pier after your cruise or were they lined up?

How did yo like the La Quinta? Was it a decent hotel. Was your car safe there for the week?

Sorry for all the wuestions but oyur answers are appreciated.

Thanks,

Carla

Lots of good info you already got from others. But just to throw this out to you also........

if you happen to have a "disabled parking permit" from any state, the parking at the Port of Miami is FREE. :rolleyes:

Thanks for that fabulous information. My mother is traveling with us and she has a disabled parking permit. Does it have to be her car or can we just put it in our car, since she will be our passenger and can not walk very far?

Thanks for that fabulous information. My mother is traveling with us and she has a disabled parking permit. Does it have to be her car or can we just put it in our car, since she will be our passenger and can not walk very far?

I don't think that you need your mother's car. Here in Florida when I got a disabled parking permit for my wife, they told me that the card is valid for ANY car in which she was a passenger. I would imagine that it's the same in any state. Last year we left on a cruise from Miami and I dropped my wife off at the ship and drove to the garage. The guy at the gate asked me whose parking permit I had hanging from the mirror and I told him that it was

my wife's card. He gave me a hard time and said that she had to be in the car with me. I told the "jerk" that she was sitting at the pier in a wheelchair (which was true). So then he reluctantly gave me the slip to fill out and everything was OK at that point. So take advantage and save yourself $140 for the week on the cruise. Good luck and have a great cruise. ;)

Archived