Passports-Panamal Canal--are they necessary?

The best thing to do is call Royal Caribbean or vistit the foriegn entry requirements page from the government at http://travel.state.gov/foreignentryreqs.html

But like the previous poster said, who knows what the rules might be by Octobe? Just get the passport and don't worry about it anymore. I believe they're only $85 and they remain good for 10 years. That's $8.50 per year! For the next 10 years you won't have to worry about changes and it makes a great second government photo ID when you're traveling. We take ours on every trip, just in case we my wallet or my wife's purse gets snatched. This way we have another form of accepted ID that the airlines and security personel don't question. Should either of us ever lose our DL, all we'll need is our passport for the DMV. It provides great peace of mind for us.

Future cruises

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2005;01;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Monarch OTS - Mexico Baja 1/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;11;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Explorer OTS - Eastern Caribbean 11/04

Past cruises

Vision OTS - Alaska 7/03

Legend OTS - Alaska 7/02

Hey babycaxes - please don't forget to sign up for the meet and mingle for this cruise! At last count we were up to 36 or 38 people signed up. Also, come and participate in our thread on the RCL Roll Call Board!!!

As far as passports being mandatory I'm not sure - both my DH and myself have them so I don't worry anymore. As the other posters have mentioned - I'm not sure that they're mandatory now but by October who knows and you have plenty of time to get one before the cruise. Good Luck whatever you decide.

Archived