embassy suites tampa/westshore

Billfrompa

Just booked embassy westshore for our cruise next year on 2-7-2010. Got an "mvp" rate of 119.99 plus tax = 134.99. Seems like a price I can certainly live with. I just wanted to see if anyone can comment good or bad on the place. I'm sure I've seen posts on it before but I know things can change quckly. Thanks. Bill

The Embassy Westshore is just fine. Its in a good business oriented location, near restaurants and assorted stores, and 2 upscale malls near by. If your looking for cheap eats, there is a Waffle House across the street. There is also a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse across the street and of course the The Penthouse Club is around the corner:D

Mark

The Embassy Westshore is just fine. Its in a good business oriented location, near restaurants and assorted stores, and 2 upscale malls near by. If your looking for cheap eats, there is a Waffle House across the street. There is also a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse across the street and of course the The Penthouse Club is around the corner:D

Mark

Thanks, Mark. I really appreciate the info. By the way, this will be or 2nd time on the legend. She is a cool ship!!

Mark (or anyone)... Is there a nearby store for water/beverage purchases, or anything else we may have forgotten? We have this booked for Jan 2010. Thanks!

To my knowledge, there is not a grocery store or Walmart in that immediate vicinity. There are several convenience stores within a block or so if you're just looking for some beverages for the night in the hotel.

There is also a Walgreens (a large, chain drug store) a couple of blocks south (away from the Interstate), at the corner of Westshore & Kennedy. They would surely have sodas & such in 6 or 12 packs, and most Walgreens also sell beer & wine (though with a very limited selection). I'm not certain that this Walgreens carries those items, but it's pretty standard in them now so I would assume they do. They'[d also have most anything in the way of supplies/toiletries/etc that you may have forgotten to pack.

kmorg,

There is a 7-11 2 blocks away on Cypress, there is a Citgo Gas/Convenience store 1 block south on Westshore, and if you continue walking south on Westshore there is a Walgreens on Kennedy, 1/2 block from Westshore. Even better ask the bellman at the hotel if they will give you a free ride to the store?

Good luck,

Mark

• 3 months later...

I'm baaaaaaaaaaack! I must be hungry, because now I am curious about any decent restaurants in the area of this hotel. Nothing fancy & expensive, but something reasonable, yummy, good bar. There are four of us, including the kids DD24, DS22, and some of us are kinda picky. ;) Thanks much!!

There are a few restaurants w/in walking distance. Also, Embassy Suites offers free cook to order breakfast and a managers "happy hours" in the evenings which is 2 hours long. They normally serve some type of finger food to munch on. All rooms have refrigerators.... and I think they might have microwaves as well. They also have a restaurant that only serves during certain hours. Sorry I don't have the specifics on that.

Lots of restaurants in that area! What do you like and I'll point you in the right direction! Steaks, Mexican, Italian, Chinese or Waffle House (next to the hotel):D

Mark

We like your basic Amercian bar & grill type food, steaks, italian, mexican. It's us and the adult kids (22,24), and we want to be able to grab a bite to eat, have a couple cocktails and chill. We don't want fancy or anywhere that we'd need to dress up... definitely casual. Thanks so much for your help!

There are a few restaurants w/in walking distance. Also, Embassy Suites offers free cook to order breakfast and a managers "happy hours" in the evenings which is 2 hours long. They normally serve some type of finger food to munch on. All rooms have refrigerators.... and I think they might have microwaves as well. They also have a restaurant that only serves during certain hours. Sorry I don't have the specifics on that.

Thanks!! That's exactly why we LOVE the Embassy Suites. I'm still debating between the Westshore & Downtown locations, but my current reservation is on Westshore.

Kilmorg, Within a 5 to 10 minute taxi are Rigatoni's for Italian on Kennedy Blvd, Leroy Selmon's for home style and Bar be que, Miguel's on Kennedy for really great Mexican, Boizao Brazilian Steakhouse, a little pricey, $20 for Lunch and $50 for dinner. Waiters walking around with skewers of meat, 15 different kinds of meat, all you can eat! Go for lunch, its the same meat selection, Cheesecake Factory at International Plaza, Green Iguana, almost across from your hotel, and your hotel has a pretty good restaurant and bar and Maggiano's for family style Italian with "character" at West Shore Mall!

If you need more, let me know!

Mark

Kilmorg, Within a 5 to 10 minute taxi are Rigatoni's for Italian on Kennedy Blvd, Leroy Selmon's for home style and Bar be que, Miguel's on Kennedy for really great Mexican, Boizao Brazilian Steakhouse, a little pricey, $20 for Lunch and $50 for dinner. Waiters walking around with skewers of meat, 15 different kinds of meat, all you can eat! Go for lunch, its the same meat selection, Cheesecake Factory at International Plaza, Green Iguana, almost across from your hotel, and your hotel has a pretty good restaurant and bar and Maggiano's for family style Italian with "character" at West Shore Mall!

If you need more, let me know!

Mark

Thanks Mark! Looks like there's plenty of choices nearby.

Archived