Wheelchairs

hazeleyez3

Due to some unforseeened incidents I may have to get a wheelchair for my mother.

A few questions..

We booked through a TA. Would I need to contact her (like I need to with other things) and have her request one?

If I have to contact the cruiseline itself who do I talk to?

How early would I need to request one? Like I said, it is just a possibility at this point - we probably won't know until mid-March, but I want to find out now just in case.

If you need a wheelchair, you'll need to rent one. Your TA can contact Special Needs for you or you can do it yourself to find out what companies RCCL recommends renting from. You should also ask this question on the Disabled Cruisers board for suggestions. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

You may want to ask your TA to see if there are any handicapped accessible cabins available to switch to as wheelchairs won't fit through the door of a regular cabin unless folded up. There are also some features like no step up into the bathroom, etc that are extremely helpful if you have mobility issues. If there is even a possibility of needing one, you should make the request as soon as possible as handicapped accessible cabins are very limited and typically book up well in advance.

Here's the info on Special Needs:

To customize your accommodations to meet your specific needs, call (866) 592-7225 (voice), fax (954) 628-9622, send an e-mail to special_needs@rccl.com, or have your local travel agent or International Representative contact us

Archived