Msc Opera 2-26-05

Benitad

We're four girlfriends booked on the Opera's February 26 cruise. Anyone else booked? The Boston Globe reported last week that it would be country themed (I can only hope for Toby Keith ... "I love this bar", "Stays in Mexico"). Does anyone have any info yet on the scheduled entertainment?

We're booked on the MSC Lirica to sail to the Panama Canal on the same date. Our cruise is also supposed to have a country/western theme, with entertainers from Branson. This is good news since most of our group of 22 are line dancers, and we hope to dance to some live music for a change, instead of DJ's. We do a dance to "I Love This Bar" as well as "Drinkin' Bone", "Save a Horse, Ride A Cowboy", "Redneck Woman", "Lord Loves A Drinkin' Man", and "Suds In The Bucket". I wouldn't get too optimistic about seeing Toby Keith, however. But we should have some good old country boys from Branson to entertain us on both ships.

Will

Hey, I can dream, can't I?! That's how the cruise started out (try getting four women's schedules synchronized: If that could happen, Toby could, couldn't he? :rolleyes:). Anyhow, we're a traveling party ourselves!

Incidentally, the article was in the Boston Herald, not the Boston Globe. ... Here's the link, for anyone interested.

http://theedge.bostonherald.com/travelNews/view.bg?articleid=54586

Management statements in the article make me think that we will shortly have another copy of americanised lines, to please all who want a "standard american product".

And so Italian/European flavour is gone also on MSC, and we will have a bad copy of Costa.

Management statements in the article make me think that we will shortly have another copy of americanised lines, to please all who want a "standard american product".

And so Italian/European flavour is gone also on MSC, and we will have a bad copy of Costa.

I certainly hope not! While business sense demands that MSC accommodate the preferences of a majority-American clientele, it shouldn't be done at the detriment of the Italian tone that we sought when we made our reservations.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Track2traveler-You told me on some board (could be this one) that you are on the Lirica,so are we. Do you think there will be any famous country western singers on ship? Does MSC do that? Where are your cabins? Ours is one of the CHEAPEST ones on the Scarliti (sp?) deck. Better that than no cruise at all!Mickig

There's a good Boston Herald story today about MSC's baseball themed cruises and who's on first. (sorry, I just couldn't resist that.)

http://theedge.bostonherald.com/travelNews/view.bg?articleid=66593

Feb. 12: Tony Oliva, Fritz Peterson, Juan Marichal, Bill Russell, Willie Horton and Hector Lopez

Feb. 26: Don Larsen, Gorman Thomas, Glenn Beckert, Ron Swoboda, Gary Peters and Earl Williams

March 12: Earl Weaver, Tom Tresh, Cito Gaston and Lee May.

Mickig: I doubt that there will be any famous singers on board. Some of the family groups such as the Baldknobbers, Dutton Family, Presleys, Sons of the Pioneers, or maybe Buck Trent, Moe Bandy, or Mickey Gilley might be there. These are not big-name national acts, but they do put on good shows - I've seen most of them on our visits to Branson.

Cabins for our group are scattered throughout the ship: inside, outside and suites. We won't know our cabin numbers until the final documents arrive, hopefully sometime next week. DW and I have been upgraded to a suite, but I don't know if it is on deck 10 or 12.

MSC has graciously allowed us to use a lounge for line dancing each day that we are at sea. Come and join us! Look for purple tee shirts that have a "County Line Dancers" logo.

Will

Mickig: I doubt that there will be any famous singers on board. Some of the family groups such as the Baldknobbers, Dutton Family, Presleys, Sons of the Pioneers, or maybe Buck Trent, Moe Bandy, or Mickey Gilley might be there. These are not big-name national acts, but they do put on good shows - I've seen most of them on our visits to Branson.

Cabins for our group are scattered throughout the ship: inside, outside and suites. We won't know our cabin numbers until the final documents arrive, hopefully sometime next week. DW and I have been upgraded to a suite, but I don't know if it is on deck 10 or 12.

MSC has graciously allowed us to use a lounge for line dancing each day that we are at sea. Come and join us! Look for purple tee shirts that have a "County Line Dancers" logo.

Will

Hmmmm---

Sounds like I'd better pack my tight Wranglers & Cowboy Boots!;)

Yay! Got mine today when I got home from work. It's thrilling, after having e-mail confirmations from the TA and e-tickets from AirTran, to have REAL paper in my hands!

Yep!

- John got ours today too and is sending mine down to me!

WhooHoooo!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

OK, time to bump this one up! We had a champagne gathering this afternoon, toasting to our next champagne gathering, same time, different place ... Opera!

Any excursion ideas yet, anyone? We have some ideas for San Juan and St. Thomas, thanks to another thread here. Any help?

Benita - this is going to be a VERY LONGGGGG week for you!!!!

Wishing you a safe journey to Fort Lauderdale and have a fabulous cruise. Lots of relaxation, fun, sun and smooth seas.

Tell us all about it when you are home.

Best wishes

Barry

Let's not do the pool bar at sailaway ... I'm not looking anywhere but outbound at sailaway. Second option at 6:30 sounds great! Look for four women who can't wipe the grins off their faces ... OK, make that 5 with tuggers!

Archived