Anyone got more than 100 lbs to lose?

watermelon5

I have over 100 lbs to lose, but just had RNY gastric bypass so I'm pretty sure I'll do it. I just wanted to offer a diet that helped me lose 10 pounds fast prior to my surgery.

In order to prepare my body for surgery and shrink some of my internal organs they had me go on 2 protein shakes, a salad with lowfat dressing and either low-fat yogurt or a piece of fruit. This was supposed to be my daily intake. However, since I was diabetic, this wasn't enough so I modified it to 4 protein shakes a day, a 3 cup salad with lowfat dressing, a yogurt and a piece of fresh fruit. Doing that I lost 10 pounds in 1 week and was not hungry, it's amazing how filling those protein shakes are.

Good luck to all of you. I've been well over 200 for many years and tried everything to get back down before resorting to the surgery. I'm also in my 50s and have had a hysterectomy so was fighting both of those too.

Just wanted to drop in and say I hit my first 100 pounds! :D :D WW yesterday said I dropped 3.2 pounds, for a total of 101.4! I am so psyched! Now I've only got another 110 to go! When I hit the point where I'm closer to my goal weight than my starting weight, I'll be really excited!

Congratulations!!!! That is an awesome accomplishment... Keep up the good work.

Just wanted to drop in and say I hit my first 100 pounds! :D :D WW yesterday said I dropped 3.2 pounds, for a total of 101.4! I am so psyched! Now I've only got another 110 to go! When I hit the point where I'm closer to my goal weight than my starting weight, I'll be really excited!

:DThat is totally awesome! Way to go!:D

I have over 100 lbs to lose, but just had RNY gastric bypass so I'm pretty sure I'll do it. I just wanted to offer a diet that helped me lose 10 pounds fast prior to my surgery. .....

I'm also in my 50s and have had a hysterectomy so was fighting both of those too.

Morgan you are going to lose it for sure and by the end of the year too.

I was on the liquid diet pre surgery and gained 4 pounds. I too have hit the 50 mark and went thru my change. I thought losing was hard before but I was fighting and almost losing battle. Doing Atkins was the only thing working at all. I lost 30 pounds from May to Feb.

Jamie

I really don't know what foods trigger my gout. I was just diagnosed with it. It seems like all the foods that I can eat for gout is bad for diabetics and vice versa. Actually since I posted before, I have lost 11.5 pounds by eating hardly any carbs. But my knees have been killing me ever since. I have been eating alot of beef.

11.5 is great! The only way I can lose is low carb high protein to. That is what they put you on after weight loss surgery too.

im halfway there. im 51 pounds down. trying to stay focused. dont know if i will get there by my july cruise or not. i started january 4th at 306. i know the weight comes off easier at first. i will just have to push harder these next 3 months

I haven't been here in a while and I am glad I came back! You are all amazing! Jesscap5, quadracer12, morgan1312, amcjeep4life and everyone else...thank you for sharing here. Motivation is a real challenge for me and I am having a hard time getting back on track. Hopefully, we can motivate each other??! Once again, amazing work everyone! Keep it up! :D

• 2 months later...
yeah you can count me in the 100lb club too. ive lost some since the first of the year. 309 to 271. my cruise is in july. i think i can get down to 220 by then.

back in 2003 i dropped 100lb in 8 months so i can be done. but like alot of you i just lost my way. broke my back and got out of the excercise routine. i don't really have any problems with my back now. i guess it was just my excuse not to be active as i once was.

my wife is on this journey with me too. shes looking to lose 100lb total. she too has lost some already. 254 to 228.

wow this didn't seem that long ago. ive been hard at it. a group at work had a 6 month contest. it really helped us keep on track. in 25 weeks i lost 105lbs and my wife lost 63lbs. we still have some to go but we feel pretty good about ourselves now. hope everyones staying on track

• 3 weeks later...

Wow 51 lbs holy cow, that is great, wish that i could do that , I have lost only 5 lbs so far and i do not eat junk food. Guess I will just have to walk the cat more often

I almost have 100 lbs to lose. In may it was over 100, but I've lost 19 since then :) only 90 left to go. I don't have any health issues, besides this obsessive relationship with the most unhealthy foods :rolleyes: but if I didn't have that then I wouldn't be here!

I've never done good on any kind of diet or "healthy lifestyle change" until now. I know I should be worried about getting down to a healthier weight for the obvious reasons....MY HEALTH, but the thing that has motivated me to lose the weight and actually stick to it this time is the fact that I will be getting married the day of our cruise next year. Call me vain, but that is my motivation.

I haven't had a drop of soda (and drastically reduced the partying with alcohol) since cinco de mayo (mine and fiance's bday) and drink ONLY water now. I try to aim for about 80-90 oz a day. Most of the stuff I eat now is fruit, veges, chicken breast, fish, activia light yogurt, fiber one bars (when I have a sweet craving - it's what works for me right now) and sometimes a handful of nuts. And of course oatmeal (non instant) for breakfast. I've never liked sweets first thing in the morning so this is perfect for me with some blueberries and cinnamon in it. TONS OF FIBER!!! The fiber keeps me full along with the water. And it is really hard, my fiance is a tall and in a healthy weight range yet eats junk and doesn't gain (SIGH). It's also hard since I've been eating all this fruit because last summer I found out (from eating a lot of fruit) that I have a fruit/vege allergy - oral allergy syndrome. My mouth and gums and sometims lips itch for an hour or so after I eat certain fruits and veges. I can't eat carrots uncooked anymore....my throat started to swell! But I try to ignore the itching if it's not too bad!!!

Keep up the good work everyone!

~Danni

• 2 weeks later...

HI...I'm glad others have the same problem as me. Last Sept. I went on a GV 64 days. I lost 32lbs in 4 months before I left.

This year I'm going on another GV 67 days....I'm back on SoBeach. Hope to loose another 32lbs.

I gained about 18 lbs on the trip last year and I know it was ICE CREAM. A double scoop cone every afternoon....and all desserts in the Dining Room were -a-la-mode. This year, I hope to keep the weight off during my trip. No afternoon Ice Cream, No rolls on the table, No extra chocolates with coffee in the Lounge.

Good Luck to all of you....I'm trying to NOT think about 100lbs all at once. Just 1/3 for 2008, 1/3 for 2009, and 1/3 for 2010.....what's left for 2011.

Rosemary :D:D:D

Just found this thread. I started about March 1 to eat "healthy" and exercise more. I want to lose 130 lbs, cut myself in half by going form 270 to 140 (my ideal weight).

Oh what fun, so I start eating ALOT more salad and less junk. By the end of April I was in the hospital. Turns out I cannot eat lettuce, caused me to have a really bad case of diverticulitis. I should add that I've always been allergic to tomatoes, whole wheat and mustard. Anyways at that point had to do a liquid diet for 3 days and slowly bring food back into my diet. I now cringe when anyone says "well, you should eat this it's good for you". I now have a long list of "healthy foods" that I cannot eat.

I did alot of learning about what I can and cannot eat and now I am on a very simple diet that seems to be working for the most part. I try to stay at around 1500 calories or less and exercise more. I have lost 47 lbs (now at 223). It's a very long battle...I started gaining weight as soon as I started university and it just kept building. I finally gave up on any "quick" fixes and gave myself a generous 2 years to lose the weight. But now I think I can lose it by next April - when I will be on Liberty. I am also hoping to lose 65 lbs by my cruise in September.

My only advice is to try to keep your will power.

• 2 weeks later...

OK I am in too!! I have about 150 to lose but I would be happy with 100!! Heck I would be happy with 50!!!

I would like to be 15 pounds lighter for my Sept. 17, 2009 cruise and then lose the rest before my Sept. 2010 cruise.

My biggest problem is I am on Coumadin for blood clotting issues so no green leafy veggies for me. The foods on my ok list tend to be stuff that just wrecks a diet...all meats, sugar, dairy, butter, breads...it is just sooo frustrating!!

Danni~ was wondering how the fiber is going for you. That might be the extra push I think will work for me since I LOVE the Fiber One bars and I have read numerous places that added fiber will make the weight melt off!!! If you pop back in here let me know how it is working for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I am happy to have found this thread ~ I have a 2 week cruise booked for August 2010 and approx 200 lbs to lose.

I have tried probably every diet out there over the past 20 years and am not sure what I will finally stick to. My plan is start today by removing all the junk and obvious 'bad' foods out of the house and getting atleast a few minutes of excersise in. I have let my health go so long I find myself breathing heavy just standing up. Pathetic I know.

Looking forward to reading everyones posts and adding some positive ones of my own.

Thank you,

Eve

Well, after 3 weeks of no loss I am finally back to a good routine. Life just gets really hectic sometimes. Anyways, as of Monday I started back doing 1 hour on the Wii. I'm down 54 lbs as of yesterday. I'm hoping to be down 65 lbs by my birthday next month and LOTS cruise. This life style change is not so easy. Eating very little (relatively speaking) for 5-6 months now. But I am happy to report that I am not winded anymore after my workouts. When I first started the Wii in April I could only do 10 minutes. This just takes a hell of a lot of will power.:rolleyes:

Archived