Princess DRF and mystic mountain

united4ever

Has anyone done the Princess excursion to Dunns river falls and mystic mountain? Just wondered how much time is allowed at mystic mountain and would time allow us to do the bob sled ride. Also can you just walk up the side of the falls without getting wet? I so how difficult is the walk

Carnival's tour sounds about the same as Princess @ $79pp. Height requirement is 46 inches and 8 years old to ride the bobsled alone. Since bobsleds are only big enough for 1 person, I would say anyone younger would not be able to ride. At Dunn's River, there is a paved walkway next to the falls for great Photo opportunites and walks by folks like me, who don't want to risk falling on the slippery cold rocks. From the brief discription, it sounds like time at leisure is allowed at the Top of Mystic Mountain and shuttles leave as necessary to return to the ship.

I have contacted a private tour vendor for this type of trip who is more than willing to do it, but it is coming in a lot more expensive. I need to tailor the tour.

Bon Voyage

Nanatravel

There is also an excursion listed on our Princess cruise that includes DRF, Mystic Mt., and the bobsled. The cost is $79. For just the DRF and MMt. it is $64.

It looks like the DRF/MMt. is Mystic first and DRF second, so I am wondering the same thing about how much time is allowed at the Mt. because some in our group will be happy to hang in the pool while others will want to do the bobsled and or zipline. Since everyone doesn't want to do the bobsled I'd like to be more flexible. So has anyone done this yet? Maybe I should try to post the question on the Princess board too.

Please let us know how you make out next month. Since this recreational area has only recently opened, actual reviews will be very welcome.

My private tour vendor did tell me that Carnival (Princess is partly owned by Carnival now) built this recreational facility.

Bon Voyage

You can walk up the path at the side of the falls without getting wet. It is an easy walk. We had older relatives with us, one with breathing difficulties and one with bad knees and they both walked up and down the path at the side of the falls. They are both in their early 60's.

We were at Dunns River Falls on Feb 24th 2009. We arrived in Ocho Rios Jamaica on the Carnival Triumph. We did our own trip to the falls. We took the shuttle bus. Go to www.dunnsrivershuttle.com it's certainly a cheap way to see the falls. The price is $15.00 per person return from the Ocho Rios cruise terminal to the falls. You can book on line or wait until you get to Ocho Rios. When you arrive at the dock just ask for Horace Taylor. He co-ordinates all the shuttle busses and the buses are licenced and approved by theJamaica Tourist Board. You can email them at dunnsrivershuttle@live.com or phone them at 1-876-446-6413.

It costs $15.00 per person to get into the falls. When we got to the falls on the shuttle they had entry tickets already for us. We paid them the $15.00 each for the tickets and entered in to the falls. We did not have to line up. Horace Taylor is a very presentable person and very business like. We felt very safe in his care. If we wanted we could also have booked extra time and seen more of Jamaica or shopped but we chose not to. There was no pressure to add on an extra tour. I certainly recommed The Dunns River Falls Shuttle. We got the shuttle at 9:30am and were back at the ship at 12 noon. Our ship did not sail until 4pm so we could have shopped locally if we wanted to.

Archived