Anyone ever renew wedding vows on a cruise??

GS Diva

I posted the same question in another part of this forum and right away had a response that I think fits what we are looking for. We've been trying to avoid a big affair but rather were leaning toward something informal, very casual with no fanfare. Take a look at this and see if it doesn't appeal to you, also!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=104086

I think we're going to find a spot on the ship out in the sun and wind with our two friends...and maybe a glass of wine:p ...and take a few minutes to express our love in the words we want, to share the moment with friends! I think that's just what we'll do!!

Elaine

My prayers go out to those who have lost someone. I'm getting married, for the first time, in St.Thomas 12-7-04 during the Navigator sailing. We decided to do it this way for many reasons to include that I lost my mother this year,unexpectedly, and I'm not one to entertain a bunch of people just to get gifts. We are also nutty for cruises and the islands!!

I admire all of you that are renewing your vows and we'll be doing the same thing in a few years, and we'll do it on a cruise.

Even if you've lost someone, celebrate life......Go on a cruise with a friend and let your loved one's spirit live through you!

I for one have not given up on cruising. I have found a lady that while she had never cruised before we met, was willing to give it a try and we just finished our fourth cruise together and we are planning two more!

While I do get weepy at times (since we have sailed on the Monarch a sister ship of the Majesty - the one that we had renewed our vows on) I still enjoy the experiance and will probably never stop cruising.

Just because my spouse has passed does not mean that I have passed also. And I know that she wants me to continue living and enjoying life. In fact, I believe that she and God got together, picked her out for me, and made sure that we met!

Yes it still hurts and yes I still cry at times, but it is so nice to have a shoulder to cry on and someone that is willing to wipe away my tears and listen to the same stories over and over again about our life and does not get jealous or upset.

Don

We are renewing our vows on the Mariner on 12/12/04 ...... we are celebrating 35 years of marriage, and our whole family (four kids) and grand kids will be there (2)....it is a testament to all we would still do it all over again, and with the ups and downs, no matter we are in it for the long tour.

What can we expect from RCCL? Does anyone know?

Elaine ~ Thank you for your kind words. He is improving slowly and should be home for Christmas. We have much to celebrate!

Don ~ I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm reminded so often lately not to take anything for granted. My best to you and your family for the holidays.

Thank you all for such a moving thread. It's brought out some wonderful ideas and tender emotions.

Archived